paid for downloads (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
Does anyone here sell their music as downloads either from your own site or from iTunes et al?
Or do ye provide some MP3s in the hope people will like it and buy your cd?

There is a site that you can upload your tunes onto a la cpu et al, and you'll get paid for it, but they're free to listen to. I don't have all the details, I find em and get back to you.

The tunes are there to help people form an opinion of the band. Like it or not, they're gonna base their opinion of ya on the look of you/your biog etc etc.
Anyway, its the standard thing to put a track up, so a lot of people do it just cuz everyone else has done it.

And it's not just about people buying the cd, but mp3's are also provided so that they'll come to gigs, which is much more important as far as making an impression goes. They might buy a cd when they're in the door.

there's a bunch of sites where bands upload mp3's, and the site will have a chart. Getting to the top of that chart makes for some minor publicity for a band, at least on a small scale.

Bands I know (no one big, I mean small young-ish bands here) provide free mp3's just to spread the word of the band, and get the bands name into the heads of the general gig-goin/cd-buyin public. Its used in much the same way as posters or any other promotional material.

We've a bunch of mp3s up on our site (a few from our album, and lots of old stuff you can't buy anymore), and on places like cpu and the podsafe network and stuff - just in an effort to get people to hear what we do.
We're with CDBaby too, so I guess you should be able buy our stuff on iTunes if you wanted (might not be up there yet though, apparently they take ages to get shit up)

www.lulu.com is really good. You can give away MP3s for free there if you like [with 5GB storage space] or you can supply hi-res audio and artwork and Lulu will BURN YOUR ALBUM FOR YOU and send it out to a paying customer. The also print books [!] for you and I think they'll be doing DVDs soon. They take a percentage but you get the moolah! you can [kinda] customise your own little shopfront page but not by much. I think it's awesome anyways... Its tidier than myspace.com... whadya want!

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back