Oxbow, Tophi (ex-Gout) & Easpa Measa - Whelans, 17th July. (1 Viewer)

i'd just like to say that i've right this minute, snapped myself out of a daze i was in because of the images left in my head from last night's gig... having trouble shaking them, it's kinda like a visual drug...

ahem *schmak* :D

TOPHI were fucking amazing... easpa measa were deadly, totally surprised, well, i wasn't sure what to expect but was rappa... oxbow, jaesus, where to start... eugene is *SO* nice off stage... but the fella took ketamine before going on and it made him just look like the devil... i'm sure his ma woulda been very disappointed... oxbow's music is .|..| buh... totally surprised. wasn't like a gig really, more like hardcore theatre or something...

ah in anyways, hi-5 :) and i'm totally diggin that girls = evil thing, always suspected it but never got my head around getting the square root of something... in school, i kept on trying to kick my set sqaure to see if the answer would just pop out... square root... yeah. see? i don't care that that was really shit coz it's sunny, it's friday, i've got loads of cider in the fridge back home and girls are evil... i may as well be in paradise.

hi-5

It was a funny one.

Tophi rocked, some real tight moves, stick them on a bill with Boxes give me a comfy chair and a belly full of smokey smoke and I'd be the happiest boy. And Easpa Measa were cool too, totally shouty and grindy with cool melodies

But Oxbow, wow... Eugene is like Marvin Gaye's evil twin... in his knickers... The band we're amazing, I totally dug the guitarist, really mellow rythmic stuff with burts of noise.

But you kept forgetting about the music cause there was a massive black dude with his hand down his y-fronts staring out the front row. He looked totally out of it, I thought he was going to collapse once or twice, or grab one of the wee punk girls up the front and eat them whole.

totally deadly night

Hi-5!

snakybus said:
an emotional experience....

triceps like sides of beef hanging in an abbatoir

And how! One for the ladies there deffo. And to think I jus got dragged along by a friend to cheer me up, good call to all involved. They are the sweetest bunch of people off stage, some lovely civilised chats were had on all sorts of erudite subjects.

Cheers Hapi - Thank you for the music!

y'know it sort of makes me feel odd, that I spent last night watching a massive black dude strip off to his knickers, and that I enjoyed it lots, and indeed shouted for more. HHHhhhmmmmm....

oh and anyone playing in Whelans ever... watch the microphone... its been places... dark places....

ah ha! milk girl indeed! i think oyu'll find I suggested you bring him home to your mother... mine wouldn't have a clue what to do with him whereas you said yours might ride him?!?!?!

Milk Girl said:
You sure do! Kept telling me all about his ketamine trip - I suggested you bring him home to mother. ;)

snakybus said:
oh and that freedom fries thing is for real

The French Embassy in Washington, when asked for a response to the removal of French Fries from the Senate cafeteria menu, issued the following statement:

"French Fries come from Belgium" [Ends]

AlphaRelish said:
ah ha! milk girl indeed! i think oyu'll find I suggested you bring him home to your mother... mine wouldn't have a clue what to do with him whereas you said yours might ride him?!?!?!

Only just seen this, am shocked monsieur happiness (or would that be heureux?) that you would be flinging such scatalogical interpretations of my dear mother's intentions around in a public domain willy fucking nilly...

Allow me to rescue her tarnished reputation - what I actually said was, if you remember, that she would love him - as in, make him a Nice cup of tea. Have a Nice chat. Maybe even introduce a Nice piece of Breac into the proceedings. That you should infer such filthy base notions from such homely ideas of hospitality is frankly a sad sad reflection on the puerile nature of what occurs between your ears at the best of times. *sigh* tsk tsk. It's not smart and it doesn't impress anyone. Go to your room etc. etc.

I mean she might ride him. I have no idea. Who am I to say? She'd have to get in line tho f'nar f'nar...

xMG

here hag what was the story bud? tophi were fantastic and easpa measa rocked like always (get the album everyone), but oxbow were just really boring. it all seemed really forced like. you promised loads of rockin and wildly aggressive and insulting stuff and there was nuttin! ok so he stripped down to his cacks and the big ketemine head on him was kind of funny, but the whole thing (INCLUDING, nay especially, the music) was really self-indulgent. or so thought i in my meagre brain. not that ANY of this was your fault you understand, but with all the talk beforehand and everyone goin on about him being such a wild and crazy heavyweight maniac, i was just kind of bored. when are tophi playing again buh?
i'm goin to see knifed tonight - mero in hotpants, now there's some scary shit, home-grown stylee.

sorry you didn't like it treelo. he takes whatever he feels like taking on the night, whatever will make him act the way he feels like acting... sometimes it's speed, sometimes something else... there's hundreds of photos of him knocking the crap out of people on stage (if that's your thing) on the web... he gets his dick out sometimes too... he wasn't inspired enough by the dublin crowd i guess, to fight or get dirty.

still, even without oxbow, tophi rocked the shop in anyways... jesus, i feel like refunding you... ask me hole buh.

treelo said:
here hag what was the story bud? tophi were fantastic and easpa measa rocked like always (get the album everyone), but oxbow were just really boring. it all seemed really forced like. you promised loads of rockin and wildly aggressive and insulting stuff and there was nuttin! ok so he stripped down to his cacks and the big ketemine head on him was kind of funny, but the whole thing (INCLUDING, nay especially, the music) was really self-indulgent. or so thought i in my meagre brain. not that ANY of this was your fault you understand, but with all the talk beforehand and everyone goin on about him being such a wild and crazy heavyweight maniac, i was just kind of bored. when are tophi playing again buh?
i'm goin to see knifed tonight - mero in hotpants, now there's some scary shit, home-grown stylee.

AlphaRelish said:
oxbow's music is .|..| buh... totally surprised. wasn't like a gig really, more like hardcore theatre or something...
well look at what we have here... aaa heh heh heh ;) i think i thought before the gig that i didn't like the music... and then live, when it was accompanied with all the other elements, it seemed kinda good but then i went home and listened to the cd and decided i didn't like it after all...

yours,

hag "as constant as the northern wind" the fag.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back