Overstepping boundaries? (3 Viewers)

this is what rubs people up the wrong way

NEVER RUB ANOTHER MANS RHUBARB!

joker.jpg

One tiny plant.

One curtain to hide the 30+ notebooks she is done with and said she never wanted to see again. It is not like she is still study now.

Nope, placements on the table so it wouldn't get sticky from food, etc.

I moved the one couch (not hte one she uses) 90 degrees so if I did want to watch TV with her I could. Before the couch was along the same wall as the TV.

Um, I deserve storage too. All the dishes were spread out between 3 cabinets and there was no where for me to put food. Hers was on the counter taking up any space to actually cook.

My friend gave me a desk he didn't need and now one can use the kitchen table to eat. The walls were marked up and the floor covered in dust/hair.

I realize it might be a bit unnerving but NO ONE could say it looks worse. It is just clean and slightly different. I can understand being a bit overwhelmed but not even a thank you for cleaning up my filth? I am over dramatizing a bit, because I am pretty damn tolerant and can take a lot but now I am genuinely annoyed. The excuse of studying is now out the door.

I'm pretty sure it does look waaay better but if your housemate is genuinely untidy and always has been, she obviously doesn't realise / care and that you have done this mega clean could cause her to be embarrassed / annoyed because she didn't realise how much of a state the place was in prior.

Well in your first post you state that you bought floor mats and that you re-arranged the furniture so i was just going by that.

I'm not disagreeing with you because by the sounds of it it was in a state but I'm just saying that if I was yer one and was that messy and I came home to my flat with all the changes you've made without been asked first I would consider it pretty psycho and rather unsound.

P.S I do think that complaining about a door being closed and having no evidence of her showering is a bit much.

the problem is you didn't give any chance for you both
to come to a comprimise / work together on getting
the place in order

this is what rubs people up the wrong way

Well I did mention some of it before, like the desk and the cabinets. I said my friend had a desk and if she wanted it. She said she had no space in her bedroom for it (because it's a mess) and I said it could go out in the living room. She said she didn't think there was room for a desk. (well if she broke down all her computer boxes there would be, ffs)

I asked where I should put my food when I moved in and she said I could make space. I just didn't do it sooner because she was always studying in the common room (kitchen and living room are one) and I didn't want to bother her.

There are only 2 windows in the place. One in each our bedrooms. The living room has a big glass one with a door to a little balcony. She never opens it. I asked if I could open one day because it was stifling and she said I'd rather you didn't. There is no air in the place, especially with the door blocking off the two sections. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get. I am so done. I am getting a copy of the lease. End of.

look, it's not us you need to convince

the fact you even started this thread
suggests you knew this outcome was
inevitable. it's not the best first
impression, but you didn't do anything
bad. bossy?

you would cry too if it happened to you

Well I did mention some of it before, like the desk and the cabinets. I said my friend had a desk and if she wanted it. She said she had no space in her bedroom for it (because it's a mess) and I said it could go out in the living room. She said she didn't think there was room for a desk. (well if she broke down all her computer boxes there would be, ffs)

I asked where I should put my food when I moved in and she said I could make space. I just didn't do it sooner because she was always studying in the common room (kitchen and living room are one) and I didn't want to bother her.

There are only 2 windows in the place. One in each our bedrooms. The living room has a big glass one with a door to a little balcony. She never opens it. I asked if I could open one day because it was stifling and she said I'd rather you didn't. There is no air in the place, especially with the door blocking off the two sections. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get. I am so done. I am getting a copy of the lease. End of.

it sounds like a nest

i think she just got used to you tip-toeing around her while she was studying and that became the norm.she actually sounds a bit like quite a few girls i have lived with.maybe a bit of a whore, but more lazy than anything else.i personally would've tried asserting myself a little bit more before deciding to definately move out but you seem pretty set on it and if a bit of tension has built up between ye that could be hard to get over and maybe it's for the best.

before you leave, have us all over for a drink.

definately! either way you should have a party.you've earned that much!

i think it's fair for someone to clean up a shared area, if someone wants to live like a hamster in their own filth it's really not cool for that to spill out into shared living areas.
like if it was her apartment, different story..but she's just renting too
so it's uncool to have it that way..it's almost like claiming the sitting room as her own too
i wonder was it like that with the last person who lived there?

i couldn't live in a messy place and i probably would have done the same thing..
rather than just sitting there waiting to be eaten by spiders

Nope. She does.
Hi Hayworth,

Check out this site for tenants rights etc. Give them a call if needs be, they're quite helpful and have seen loads of disputes etc like this and know how to deal with them.

http://www.threshold.ie/page.asp?menu=70&page=240

As annoying as messy flatmates can be, I would find living alone to be more annoying but it does suit some people better. Your flatmate seems like one of these people who wants their own space but is unwilling to pay for it. You really can't have it both ways though.

If someone wants to share they have to accomodate others needs etc within boundries. Since you only improved the communal space for the better I don't see she has a leg to stand on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back