Overstepping boundaries? (7 Viewers)

The door being closed makes me feel claustrophobic and unwelcome in the living space since she is ALWAYS there. But like I said, I accept the doorstop thing. I will use it for my bedroom instead. I accept one couch is 'her' spot and the bathtub corners are her bathroom product shelves....(meaning I bring mine in each time like a dorm room) and that she refuses to recycle so I have to do it for her.
quote]

No way you should have to accept any of this. Sorry to hear she was so unreceptive to all the tidying up that you did, she sounds incredibally ungrateful and self centred.

If i was in this position i'd be outta there like a shot

Okay, she is totally freaked out. We just had this strange interaction and she asked me if she even lived here anymore. Ugh, I feel bad. However, after I showed her where things are she did say, "Wow, you missed your calling, people would pay for you to do this...you've made so much space." That's good, right? Well, I told her if she is uncomfortable she can move anything she wants back and I wouldn't mind. I said that I knew I got a bit carried away. She is back to watching soaps on 'her' couch (which I didn't move)...so maybe all is well? She did pull the door stop out of the door to close off the living room (which drives me mad) from the half of the apartment. It's just so uninviting but so is coming back to a changed apartment, I suppose. I am going to go back to my room to hide. I might become one of those cereal eating recluses.

just move out asap. what's the point in paying rent if you can't chill out and feel at home.

it doesn't matter a shit if she's freaked out or not.

and when I'm deep in study the place is insanely messy and would have really appreciated someone sorting out a desk and my papers etc.

although now I have a desk and a proper filing system so stay away..

That's awful. It is a pity that she reacted the way she did. Very ungrateful of her. The part of me that always looks for the best in people is hoping that she's reacting this way because she feels guilty about leaving such a mess and pissing off on holidays.

Ducked out to get a glass of water. She is eating an entire cake and watching Holy Oaks or Home and Away...I can't tell them apart. I'm going out for a pint. I really wish I took 'before and after' pictures to post. [sigh]

While I disapprove of your doorstop policy, I can't help but think that this flatmate of yours is a very miserable person who's stuck in a rut and watches crap tv, AT.BEST.

You should move out. Well, she should move out but that's not gonna happen. Otherwise you'll have to put a load of effort into making her behave like a decent housemate and there's no guarantee that'll happen.

Tis a crappy situation you're in. my sympatheeez

I got money down that this shit is the same reason the person before you moved out. Anyone who sits down to eat a whole cake is a friend of mine, but this wan sounds like a bad egg. I vote move the fuck out.

Pete, is it too late to add a poll?

While I disapprove of your doorstop policy, I can't help but think that this flatmate of yours is a very miserable person who's stuck in a rut and watches crap tv, AT.BEST.

I think its quite common with Irish early-mid 20 year olds. Get up, go to work 9-5 in office job, take bus/Luas home, stick Tesco's ready-made meal in the microwave, plant oneself in front of the TV watching soaps, Simpsons and reality shows for the evening.

I think its quite common with Irish early-mid 20 year olds. Get up, go to work 9-5 in office job, take bus/Luas home, stick Tesco's ready-made meal in the microwave, plant oneself in front of the TV watching soaps, Simpsons and reality shows for the evening.

This is her minus the bus/luas because she is close enough to walk. Come to find out, she never had a shower curtain because she only takes baths. Yet, I have never heard her take one. When does she do this? I'm puzzled. No wonder our paths never cross in the bathroom during the morning and she didn't seem bothered when the shower was broke for over a week.

I just did the dishes... why I bothered to do hers I have no idea. I shouldn't have but it seems silly not to when there is only a few (because her ready made meals). She took the landline phone into her room... this is a new thing I have never seen before. She must be talking about me. It's like the discovery channel in my own apartment. What will she do next? I feel as if I should continue to document.

The situation ain't gonna resolve itself by the looks of things. Can you realistically see yourself putting up with this for a year? I think you're best just biting the bullet and moving out. It'll be worth it. Or at least start looking around for a new place now. Even viewing some places on the internet and the thought of moving out will cheer you up.

Get out of there fast. She sounds like a pain in the hole altogether. If you're sharing a place you're sharing the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom - no-one has their particular place to sit or put their toiletries. Personal stuff should be kept in your respective rooms and the communal spaces should be for both of you. Tell her to fuck oof, she doesn't own the place.

Don't worry about the lease, leases are a load of shite. Live out your deposit and go.

The situation ain't gonna resolve itself by the looks of things. Can you realistically see yourself putting up with this for a year? I think you're best just biting the bullet and moving out. It'll be worth it. Or at least start looking around for a new place now. Even viewing some places on the internet and the thought of moving out will cheer you up.

I signed a stupid lease. I am kinda stuck unless I want to lie to some poor sucker to take my place. Oh, and neglect to tell them that the restaurant below is a nightclub on weekends, ffs. I'll just suck it up and stay in my room when I am home. It will keep me creative. I have nothing to talk to her about anyway and TV rots the brain. This will make me go out more and encourage me to gain some semblance of a social life here. I am tempted to run to the shop and get some cookies but me eating a box* in front of the computer in my room seems worse than a cake in front of the TV. See, she is already improving my health. Bright side and all.

I signed a stupid lease. I am kinda stuck unless I want to lie to some poor sucker to take my place. Oh, and neglect to tell them that the restaurant below is a nightclub on weekends, ffs. I'll just suck it up and stay in my room when I am home. It will keep me creative. I have nothing to talk to her about anyway and TV rots the brain. This will make me go out more and encourage me to gain some semblance of a social life here. I am tempted to run to the shop and get some cookies but me eating a box in front of the computer in my room seems worse than a cake in front of the TV. See, she is already improving my health. Bright side and all.

Does your lease not give you the right to leave with one month's notice... I thought that was standard for a lease.

Does your lease not give you the right to leave with one month's notice... I thought that was standard for a lease.

It was a year lease... maybe it's different here but back home you'd be responsible for the rest of the year unless you found someone to take it over. I must ask for a copy and read it more carefully.

Ducked out to get a glass of water. She is eating an entire cake and watching Holy Oaks or Home and Away...I can't tell them apart. I'm going out for a pint. I really wish I took 'before and after' pictures to post. [sigh]

Just post the after pics.

That's me alright! And I'm not even Irish!

It was a year lease... maybe it's different here but back home you'd be responsible for the rest of the year unless you found someone to take it over. I must ask for a copy and read it more carefully.

Do. Here most leases, no matter what the duration, have a clause that says that the lease can be terminated by either side at a month's notice (or some other specified period of time). The lease is with your landlord, not the flatmate right? Either way, finding someone to replace you shouldn't be your responsibility.

Do. Here most leases, no matter what the duration, have a clause that says that the lease can be terminated by either side at a month's notice (or some other specified period of time). The lease is with your landlord, not the flatmate right? Either way, finding someone to replace you shouldn't be your responsibility.

Well, then it's much different here than in the states. Whoo-hoo! Now, I have to get my hands on the lease and read it. I am also going to get off the internet now and head down to my local. I need to build up my tolerance if I am going to go out more. I'll be like exercise for the soul.

Well, then it's much different here than in the states. Whoo-hoo! Now, I have to get my hands on the lease and read it. I am also going to get off the internet now and head down to my local. I need to build up my tolerance if I am going to go out more. I'll be like exercise for the soul.

Good plan. Slowly building up a tolerance is the way to go :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back