Official Statement from the Organisers of Mór '03 & '04 (3 Viewers)

Re: mor moving on ...

Dudcastle said:
Mor lives on ... we see no reason to abandon the name mor. we hope to live up to the expectations of all .. the castle has 365 nights in the year ... we promise many nights and days to your kind of music and audiovisual creation ... mor is a self-organising system - so if you want something you musy seek it .... sen an email: [email protected]

We are re-organising mor because it was being allowed to die. people involved in the organisation moved on - bills were not paid - court rulings ignored.

But all of these can be sorted because we know how many love mor .... and especially we know how many different kinds of people love mor and we know we can do so much mor together and we will .... there are big surprises coming.

Now is the time for you genius' to jump on board and put your stamp on mor. In each year there will be many mor's opeing up new avenues for talented passionate people - briging people together "not to wmpty their pockets" but to show how much they can change the world around them and make it magic ... the castle is yours ... a very special place dedicated to the non-elite and to the interdependence of all people on earth - love and flower power - but electronika and wondrous people also.

Get in there and make it work

let me quote a thumped follower on April the 1st

"The vibe of Mór is excellent, it's location superb, and even the insect bites are part of the whole, erm, experience. But to be brutally honest, it's an experience that won't last much longer if the organisers insist of filling the bill with the sort of experimental music only their friends seem to play, and keep this level of secrecy and very poor PR about how one actually gets to play at the festival!

Alan Latchley

Thumped.com

April 1st, 2005"

Gone is the secrecy ..... now over to you all - make of it what you will
MOR IN ALL ITS FORMS:)

STAMP THIS!!!!!!zed !zed !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !ironyyy !ironyyy

ITalkShite said:
It's not like it's hard to edit a webpage.

i wouldn't like to look at that site for more than like 2 seconds let alone edit its ass.

all joking aside its a shit site.

all joking aside i'm going to miss my wee stroll.....

Re: mor moving on ...

Dudcastle said:
Mor lives on ... we see no reason to abandon the name mor. we hope to live up to the expectations of all .. the castle has 365 nights in the year ... we promise many nights and days to your kind of music and audiovisual creation ... mor is a self-organising system - so if you want something you musy seek it .... sen an email: [email protected]

We are re-organising mor because it was being allowed to die. people involved in the organisation moved on - bills were not paid - court rulings ignored.

But all of these can be sorted because we know how many love mor .... and especially we know how many different kinds of people love mor and we know we can do so much mor together and we will .... there are big surprises coming.

Now is the time for you genius' to jump on board and put your stamp on mor. In each year there will be many mor's opeing up new avenues for talented passionate people - briging people together "not to wmpty their pockets" but to show how much they can change the world around them and make it magic ... the castle is yours ... a very special place dedicated to the non-elite and to the interdependence of all people on earth - love and flower power - but electronika and wondrous people also.

Get in there and make it work

let me quote a thumped follower on April the 1st

"The vibe of Mór is excellent, it's location superb, and even the insect bites are part of the whole, erm, experience. But to be brutally honest, it's an experience that won't last much longer if the organisers insist of filling the bill with the sort of experimental music only their friends seem to play, and keep this level of secrecy and very poor PR about how one actually gets to play at the festival!

So you are organising a festival in two months
with no one playing?
Couple of questions
Where are the tickets?
Where can you buy them
Where are all the advertising posters/flyers/etc?
Where oh Where is the Marketing for this event with no line up
Please I am Dying to go.........

Alan Latchley

Thumped.com

April 1st, 2005"

Gone is the secrecy ..... now over to you all - make of it what you will
MOR IN ALL ITS FORMS:)
!zed

ALAN LATCHLEY!!!!!

with no one playing?
Couple of questions
Where are the tickets?
Where can you buy them

meetings are underway to get these things in action rest assured ... you will have your answers soon keep the faith

toe fun said:
ALAN LATCHLEY!!!!!

with no one playing?
Couple of questions
Where are the tickets?
Where can you buy them

meetings are underway to get these things in action rest assured ... you will have your answers soon keep the faith

Eh I think it was actually Banshee who asked them questions. Looks like he/she accidentally typed those questions in the middle of a quote. Jussayin' like.

toe fun said:
ALAN LATCHLEY!!!!!

with no one playing?
Couple of questions
Where are the tickets?
Where can you buy them

Fair fucks to you guys for going ahead with it,
but don't call it Mor.
Mor is an experimental music festival,
not a massage tent drumming circle krustyfest.

just my two cents

broken arm said:
i wouldn't like to look at that site for more than like 2 seconds let alone edit its ass.

all joking aside its a shit site.

all joking aside i'm going to miss my wee stroll.....

i'm sure they have some lovely short piers in wales, armsy..

Hey folks - picked up a lot of info in the pub last night

so-called organisers the game is up -- the story coming out

Folks these people have been receiving all of the emails going the [email protected] and keeping these private and sharing these with the organisation committee and the Charleville Trust (this is the organisation in charge) It all has to do with power and greed not music. How dare they make a statement on behalf of the official organisers - this is obnoxious - how dare they decide that mor will happen when they choose it to happen ... and how dare they claim that mor will be nothing without them ... they are shitting on what seems to be good people - the welcoming people who couldn't do enough for us all last year - they just shit on them because they can't control them. How crap can one get. I'm also being told who some of the shits are - there's only a couple of the disgruntlers and their girlfriends - hoping to do serios damage and gain points for themselves. One of them's a manager of a record sales company - the other the manager of a record lable. So they hand out little favors to us meagre humans who try to make it music ... gangsters. I'll see you guys around town. Don't worry. Folks be informed!

I agree - mor in all its forms - I agree with the castle guy mor is about overcoming the new louts who seek to run our lives

photon said:
Friends of Mór 2003 & Mór 2004,

As the founders of Mór 2003 and Mór 2004, we would like to inform you that, to our huge regret, we will not be organising a festival this year. We would also like all punters, artists, enthusiasts and other interested parties to be aware that we are not involved in any other festivals happening in Charleville Castle under the name "Morfest" or any other name.

We are aware of the high levels of enthusiasm shown for the festival in the past couple of years. We're really keen to get it up and running again as soon as we can, in part because so many want it, but also because we feel Ireland still needs a festival of this kind. So although we intend to maintain the festival's commitment to innovative music, independent ethos and friendly environment, certain aspects of the festival's organisation do need to be reconsidered. This will take some time, so we ask you to bear with us.

We apologise for the relative lack of communication in recent times. As you will appreciate, making this choice was not easy and we had to look at all our options before coming to a decision. The festival will return and we will keep you informed of further developments as soon as possible. The new incarnation will be revealed in 2006, and we will be involved in other events until then. To sign up for future news bulletins, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Organisers of Mór '03 & '04

jesus, this is getting fucking nasty now.

to the people organsing this years Mór - good luck with it, but its not going to be the same thing as the last few years. no amount of assertions to having an open mind will change that, maybe the previous Mór's didn't make enough money, but it was a very different beast than it will be this year.

Mór gained a reputation as a alternative music festival which was run for the music as opposed to the profit - what is being run is the opposite.

i promised myself i'd go to this years one too... :eek:

Patchow said:
I'm also being told who some of the shits are - there's only a couple of the disgruntlers and their girlfriends - hoping to do serios damage and gain points for themselves.
That's ridiculous!!!! None of these guys have girlfriends. Well, maybe one of them... :D

lorcanzo said:
maybe the previous Mór's didn't make enough money, but it was a very different beast than it will be this year.

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the Phoenix Festival running, for the large part, to raise funds to restore the castle?

Sue I'd very much like to know all the nitty gritty details of what's going on but it's really none of my business or anyone elses and it would make for a much more positive atmos if the bitching was kept to the people concerned and off the internet.

I also think that turning your back on this year's festival is one sure way of turning it into a Mundyfest.

I'm not totally convinced that the new festival should be called Mór. Not out of any high and mighty ideals about keeping the spirit of the old Mór flying, or misplaced notions of what Mór actually was (an unprofitable music festival which proved to be highly enjoyable for pretty much most parties involved in it, as opposed to an avant-garde Mecca for alt.electronic music nerds and their small close band of nodding accquaintances).

I think naming it Mór and putting on a different type of lineup than was on in previous years could end up being confusing. You'll have some people put off by the fact that they weren't into previous years acts, so why should this year be any different? You'll have the die-hard Mór fans refusing to go out of some kind of solidarity for the (oh god) alleged Mór organisers (you know, the Dublin Crowd). And you'll have mixed messages going out as to whether or not the festival is actually going on (this board has what appears to be totally conflicting information regarding this year's event, Mór 2005 is cancelled, Mór 2005 is going ahead, etc, etc.)

Call it Castlepalooza and have done at that. That way there'll be less bad blood between the parties involved, and that's my thruppenny bit's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back