Official Statement from the Organisers of Mór '03 & '04 (1 Viewer)

I too am very sade that the original Mór has come to an end, I really enjoyed performing last year. I guess that this isn't going to be resolved into a happy ending for the original parties, as there seems to be a degree of rancour on the side of at least one of the parties, which is unfortunate, given that everybody who performed/attended the last two year's festivals have only had good things to say about it (discounting insect-related occurrences). It's a shame to see something that was so much enjoyment to have ended up in disagreement between the organising parties.

And that's the point. Both the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust and the guys under the "Mór Festival" banner from Dublin were the joint organisers. Neither one party nor the other have the sole claim over the others to be the holders of the title 'festival organisers'. So maybe that initial post was badly worded, being signed by the "The Organisers of Mór '03 & '04", but I'm sure no offecne was intended.
Also, measuring the success of the festival based on its financial success/failure I think is a moot point for some of the individuals involved. To me, the festival was a resounding success, regardless of whether profits were made or not. Admittedly, this would not be everybody's standpoint, but (a worn and tired cliché, i know) for me it was about the music, not the money.

In any case, I hope the Castlepalooza festival goes well, and I wish them and the Castle crew all the best.

lmd64 said:
I too am very sade

Is this a new emotion?

sade-2.jpg
http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/sade_files/sade-2.jpg

Creating a bill that's resolutely left field / underground / whatever creates a special kind of unity (like ATP etc..) among the punters. That's what the 'Mor' brand represented.
As soon as you add someone like Roesy to that situation (unless he's unveiling his restaurant kitchen laptop electronic improvisation suite) it creates instant schism.
Although the new policy appears to be open-minded, the Castlepalooza people should understand that in some peoples mind they are relabelling chalk as brand-name cheese and trying to sell it as such.

Hence the uproar.

I HEAR THERE ARE A NUMBER OF GIGS COMING UNDER THE MOR AT CHARLEVILLE CASTLE THEME .. its about doing things with or without the backing - yeh! There's a big surprise coming isn't there? Come on organisers real or unreal - come on castle kites - what's the big susrprise?

I'm going with or without an invite - mor at charleville castle - i don't mind if you all think me a dope! I like their spunk!

HitsLikeAGirl said:
What a Fantastic Name. Are Pearl Jam gonna be there?

mor moving on ...

Mor lives on ... we see no reason to abandon the name mor. we hope to live up to the expectations of all .. the castle has 365 nights in the year ... we promise many nights and days to your kind of music and audiovisual creation ... mor is a self-organising system - so if you want something you musy seek it .... sen an email: [email protected]

We are re-organising mor because it was being allowed to die. people involved in the organisation moved on - bills were not paid - court rulings ignored.

But all of these can be sorted because we know how many love mor .... and especially we know how many different kinds of people love mor and we know we can do so much mor together and we will .... there are big surprises coming.

Now is the time for you genius' to jump on board and put your stamp on mor. In each year there will be many mor's opeing up new avenues for talented passionate people - briging people together "not to wmpty their pockets" but to show how much they can change the world around them and make it magic ... the castle is yours ... a very special place dedicated to the non-elite and to the interdependence of all people on earth - love and flower power - but electronika and wondrous people also.

Get in there and make it work

let me quote a thumped follower on April the 1st

"The vibe of Mór is excellent, it's location superb, and even the insect bites are part of the whole, erm, experience. But to be brutally honest, it's an experience that won't last much longer if the organisers insist of filling the bill with the sort of experimental music only their friends seem to play, and keep this level of secrecy and very poor PR about how one actually gets to play at the festival!

Alan Latchley

Thumped.com

April 1st, 2005"

Gone is the secrecy ..... now over to you all - make of it what you will
MOR IN ALL ITS FORMS:)

mor is staying alive - it is in ICU - getting better all the time - we see no reason to abandon the name mor. we hope to live up to the expectations of all .. the castle has 365 nights in the year ... we promise many nights and days to your kind of music and audiovisual creation ... mor is a self-organising system - so if you want something you musy seek it .... sen an email: [email protected]

We are re-organising mor because it was being allowed to die. people involved in the organisation moved on - bills were not paid - court rulings ignored.

But all of these can be sorted because we know how many love mor .... and especially we know how many different kinds of people love mor and we know we can do so much mor together and we will .... there are big surprises coming.

Now is the time for you genius' to jump on board and put your stamp on mor. In each year there will be many mor's opeing up new avenues for talented passionate people - briging people together "not to wmpty their pockets" but to show how much they can change the world around them and make it magic ... the castle is yours ... a very special place dedicated to the non-elite and to the interdependence of all people on earth - love and flower power - but electronika and wondrous people also.

Get in there and make it work

let me quote a thumped follower on April the 1st

"The vibe of Mór is excellent, it's location superb, and even the insect bites are part of the whole, erm, experience. But to be brutally honest, it's an experience that won't last much longer if the organisers insist of filling the bill with the sort of experimental music only their friends seem to play, and keep this level of secrecy and very poor PR about how one actually gets to play at the festival!

Alan Latchley

Thumped.com

April 1st, 2005"

MOR IN ALL ITS FORMS:)

Actually, just a moment.

Dudley.

This kind of stuff:

bills were not paid - court rulings ignored
seems kind of petty and spiteful. If you're going to go around throwing out statements like that in public, you have to be prepared to either back them up with some details and evidence, or else retract them.

And this:

It was never 'secret' how people got to play at Mor. They sent an email. It would appear that you're putting words in Mr. Latchleys mouth to suit your own ends.

Now is the time for you genius' to jump on board and put your stamp on mor.
It's painfully obvious that what 'the castle people' are doing is not going to be 'Mór', in any significant sense. You can do the whole Mór-is-what-you-make-it routine til you're blue in the face but it won't change the facts.

Maybe everything can be worked out and Mór proper can head back to Charleville in 2006 - I certainly hope so. In the meantime, again, good luck with it, but it ain't gonna be our bag.

Christ, it's a bit like Robert Stevenson taking over electric picnic and getting the revs to headline with some knacker rapper as the surprise guest... Talk about missing the point of why people go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back