Official Statement from the Organisers of Mór '03 & '04 (3 Viewers)

i actually know loads of people who went last year just to see the castle and help with the restoration of it.

the acts playing and getting off your box were definitely just a secondary consideration

Well, there you go. Never trust a jackeen. Especially when they're from America and wherever Michael McDermott's from.

I propose we seek aid from Damo Suzuki and his infinite good vibes

billygannon said:
That's misleading.

Fair enough, the the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust were involved in the organisation, but it is quite clear that the "Dublin crowd" were also heavily involved in organising the event.

The marketing of the event was clearly organised by the Dublin crowd. That's a pretty big part of organising a festival.

Exactly.

I found my copy of the little book we were given last year. Under festival
creators it didn't mention no Tullamore heads.

halfset have cancelled their performance at the 2005 festival in tullamore.

we were unaware of the divisions between the organisers when we were booked to play at the festival this year.

the best of luck to all parties involved.

halfset

Thanks for adding this bit of information (see quote below) - yes it was very upsetting to everyone involved that the "little book" did not reflect what was really happening. The "little book" the programme, if you like, makes a good portfolio piece for some people. Spin goes back to the bible - doesn't it? But the question we are dealing with is "the organisation of mor" - a statement was issued on this discussion board re: the organisation of mor. It was issued by someone on behalf od the "official" organisers of mor. The official organisers of mor had no input in this statement and if this person (or these persons) are claiming to be the "official" organisers of mor then they are claiming to have deceived the courts, the Garda, the castle and the volunteers ... is that then what happened?

mor put out a call for submissions last December - it remains open - you want mor to be like mor - then become involved with the rest of us or just sit on a fence see what happens and if you don't like it just blame us .. but please please consider helping us to get it right ... mor is magic because people make it happen, together, against the odds.
Best Dud

spiritualtramp said:
Exactly.

I found my copy of the little book we were given last year. Under festival
creators it didn't mention no Tullamore heads.

I think we are all aware of the difference between the people who run the castle and the Dublin Crowd as they are referred to. If the Dublin crowd have no input this year I for one am not interested as it was the music they chose that made me head down to Tullamore.

Thank you so much for being a lovely host the last two years.

I do hope your festival does well and you make loads of dosh for the castle.

spiritualtramp said:
I think we are all aware of the difference between the people who run the castle and the Dublin Crowd as they are referred to. If the Dublin crowd have no input this year I for one am not interested as it was the music they chose that made me head down to Tullamore.

Thank you so much for being a lovely host the last two years.

I do hope your festival does well and you make loads of dosh for the castle.

Well said!!!

I genuinely hope that this year's festival runs smoothly for them, and generates the money needed to maintain the castle. It's a lovely place and and to maintain it is no easy task I'd imagine. However, musically, this years festival is not one i would be interested in. Best of luck Dudley, and hopefully all involved in Mor can work out their differences and continue to create what this county so desperately needs.

halfset said:
halfset have cancelled their performance at the 2005 festival in tullamore.

we were unaware of the divisions between the organisers when we were booked to play at the festival this year.

the best of luck to all parties involved.

halfset

we have also cancelled our slot at the charleville castle festival this summer.

we were delighted to be asked to play a gig in a nice setting! probably never happen again.

really enjoyed the first mor (apart from the itchy bites), so good luck to everyone involved.

cheers

d

crumb said:
we have also cancelled our slot at the charleville castle festival this summer.

we were delighted to be asked to play a gig in a nice setting! probably never happen again.

really enjoyed the first mor (apart from the itchy bites), so good luck to everyone involved.

solidarity!?

this is indeed suprising. radix malorum cupiditas as th'aul pardoner said i suppose. i thought mór was a great idea, much needed and appreciated. i mean, yeah it didnt make money, but if we can't sustain an independent scene for 2 days a year were pretty fucked - i mean im sure people would get involved with putting on gigs etc to fundraise for it during the year, like i think ladyfest did? i totally agree with spiritual tramp, ill be following the ones who brought the music. im sure another great spot can be found and it can all ebe done again, with honourable intentions behind it.

im a little confused
is old mor out this year because new mor is taking its place?
or would old mor not have gone ahead anyway this year?

we (the maladies) applied to old mor this year, didnt hear anything back from anyone, then on monday i saw here:
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=20481&page=7&pp=15
that we were confimed to play the festival (confused/excited)
then when i learnt that it was not to be the same festival i was a little disheartened.
we havent decided whether to play or pull out, we havent even talked about it yet.
but if old mor wasnt going ahead this year anyway i cant see any reason to pull out - small, independent festivals in this country should be supported.
the line up currently only has 10 acts listed 5/6 of which are singer/songwriters so there is alot of space on the bill for more leftfield music.
its a huge shame that the old mor wont be taking place this year but i cant see why something positive and enjoyable to fans of all types of music cant be held this year.

Dudcastle said:
According to the District Court, sitting at Tullamore, the organisers of the Mor Festival in 2003 and 2004 was the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust, a voluntary organisation and registered charity.
So who booked all the bands?

All sounds a bit messy. Maybe it was technically the wrong choice of words in the initial post. Not sure that halfset and crumb pulling out is such a great idea. It seems the general ethos of the festival is the same just being booked/organised/whatever by people with different record collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back