Official Statement from the Organisers of Mór '03 & '04 (5 Viewers)

lmd64 said:
Jane! What has my matron ever done to you? She's sitting here beside me, weeping away inconsolately in inconsolable inconsolation into her 'kercheif.

Don't you see, I can only decline her, as it is only verbs that I can visit conjugally. It was never meant to be, Liamo, just never meant to be.

I could console her with a double dative, but I fear it would be of no use.

photon said:
No, I'm afraid it would have to be:

(Veni + i Vidi)* = Veni - i Vidi

Because, you see, you don't decline verbs.

You conjugate them.

Paul

026%20Lucky%20nerd.jpg

Paul gets ready for another night down at da'bird

aw lads what a shame - this is gutting news.

whats all that on the mor forum about "the dublin crowd" taking all the money and giving none to the castle?? i$ it all about thi$?

and remember last year when there was a kinda crusty singer songwriter tent near/in the campsite? WTF was that about? is that what they want this year?

all in all this is terrible news:mad:

mor is seriosuly one of the best thing to happen for music in this country in my living memory. for what it's worth, my spirit and soul are willing you on to live another day. thanks beyond thanks for what you've already done!

If there is to be a music festival on at the Charleville Castle this year and you guys would like to influence who will be playing, please get in contact with the folks down there and submit some acts or what ever, I think they have email addresses and such on the website, what was it... ah, www.morfest.com

Wilderberry said:
If there is to be a music festival on at the Charleville Castle this year and you guys would like to influence who will be playing, please get in contact with the folks down there and submit some acts or what ever, I think they have email addresses and such on the website, what was it... ah, www.morfest.com

This is a joke, right?

For the record the Statement issued below is untrue. According to the District Court, sitting at Tullamore, the organisers of the Mor Festival in 2003 and 2004 was the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust, a voluntary organisation and registered charity. To state otherwise is to say that the Court, and the Garda, and the volunteers were deceived. To state that mor was a great success is to mistate the facts. mor was a financial failure which depended entirely on voluntary goodwill (the great bulk of which was provided from Tullamore). It would seem that it is "fine" in certain chique cultures to trample on the dreams of others and abuse goodwill.

The statement issued below is an insult to both the organisers of mor and the people who made it happen. It is a demonstration of ruthlesslessness which is seldom seen in even in the hard commercial world. I am making this statement not only on my behalf but on behalf of a large number of people. The statement has been made carefully and only in reponse to the abuse of a public forum to issue false statements.

The statement below was not issued by the organisers of mor. It could not have been because I am one of the main organisers of mor and, as I said above, the application to the courts to approve mor was presented by the organisers, the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust. The Charleville Castle Heritage Trust did not issue the statement below. This statement should not have been issued without the permission and approval of the Trust.

photon said:
Friends of Mór 2003 & Mór 2004,

As the founders of Mór 2003 and Mór 2004, we would like to inform you that, to our huge regret, we will not be organising a festival this year. We would also like all punters, artists, enthusiasts and other interested parties to be aware that we are not involved in any other festivals happening in Charleville Castle under the name "Morfest" or any other name.

We are aware of the high levels of enthusiasm shown for the festival in the past couple of years. We're really keen to get it up and running again as soon as we can, in part because so many want it, but also because we feel Ireland still needs a festival of this kind. So although we intend to maintain the festival's commitment to innovative music, independent ethos and friendly environment, certain aspects of the festival's organisation do need to be reconsidered. This will take some time, so we ask you to bear with us.

We apologise for the relative lack of communication in recent times. As you will appreciate, making this choice was not easy and we had to look at all our options before coming to a decision. The festival will return and we will keep you informed of further developments as soon as possible. The new incarnation will be revealed in 2006, and we will be involved in other events until then. To sign up for future news bulletins, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Organisers of Mór '03 & '04

Dudcastle said:
For the record the Statement issued below is untrue. According to the District Court, sitting at Tullamore, the organisers of the Mor Festival in 2003 and 2004 was the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust, a voluntary organisation and registered charity. To state otherwise is to say that the Court, and the Garda, and the volunteers were deceived. To state that mor was a great success is to mistate the facts. mor was a financial failure which depended entirely on voluntary goodwill (the great bulk of which was provided from Tullamore). It would seem that it is "fine" in certain chique cultures to trample on the dreams of others and abuse goodwill.

The statement issued below is an insult to both the organisers of mor and the people who made it happen. It is a demonstration of ruthlesslessness which is seldom seen in even in the hard commercial world. I am making this statement not only on my behalf but on behalf of a large number of people. The statement has been made carefully and only in reponse to the abuse of a public forum to issue false statements.

The statement below was not issued by the organisers of mor. It could not have been because I am one of the main organisers of mor and, as I said above, the application to the courts to approve mor was presented by the organisers, the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust. The Charleville Castle Heritage Trust did not issue the statement below. This statement should not have been issued without the permission and approval of the Trust.

STATE THIS!!! !cheezy!ironyyy:mad: :mad: :mad: !bog !bog

Jayzuz Dud, there's no need to turn this into a Judean People's Front versus People's Front of Judea thing. The music people have left, for whatever reason, and they're making clear that they're not involved in the pretend 'Mor' festival. Get over it like.

ok, so the locals said they were sick of losing money and they didn't even like the indie music anyway. they said "we could probably actually start making money if the music was a bit more mainstream..." and the guys behind mor who are familiar to all us dublin folk said "fuck this, this goes against my musical principles" and now everyone's fighting. is that what really happened?

Dudcastle said:

I always assumed you had a good relationship with those who oranised the festival with you?

Having met and worked with a fair few of the people who worked on the festival, i would be very very VERY surprised if they tried to pull a fast one on you. They all seem to me to be genuine decent people who wanted to do something different for music in Ireland. I think it shows their good character that they have not resorted to berating you on the internet like you have done to them. It would be sad to see the festival go under due to stupid internet squabbles.

If I am wrong in any of these points, please correct me. I'm not looking for an argument. However, I do think a PROPER discussion on it would probably be best for all involved

Wilderberry said:

Well actually, now that you mention it, i do have a couple of simply out-of-this-world suggestions, but they seem to have been mysteriously taken fron my consciosness without my telepathic approval to the powers that be. i'll get back to you soon as i'm finished this hemp sarong i'm making. Now, where are my crystals?...........................ah,
-there they are.

Dudcastle said:
For the record the Statement issued below is untrue. According to the District Court, sitting at Tullamore, the organisers of the Mor Festival in 2003 and 2004 was the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust, a voluntary organisation and registered charity. To state otherwise is to say that the Court, and the Garda, and the volunteers were deceived.

That's misleading.

Fair enough, the the Charleville Castle Heritage Trust were involved in the organisation, but it is quite clear that the "Dublin crowd" were also heavily involved in organising the event.

The marketing of the event was clearly organised by the Dublin crowd. That's a pretty big part of organising a festival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back