NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 68K
  • Watchers 11
I filled out the form 2 weeks ago when I saw it on this thread. When I got home from work my connection was dead. I rang them the next day and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I could see in the modem logs that it just couldn't get an ip address and looked like the mac address of the modem needed to be registered again.

I spoke to 3 of their support reps including 1 on the premium help line and they flat out refused to accept it was a mac address problem, saying it was an issue with the signal to noise ratio on the line. They made me wait 2 weeks without internet and phone for a technician to come out and register the mac adress over the phone with his office.

Unsurprisingly I wasn't very happy when he told me what was wrong.. :mad:

NTL's support never ceases to amaze me.

I filled out the form 2 weeks ago when I saw it on this thread. When I got home from work my connection was dead. I rang them the next day and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I could see in the modem logs that it just couldn't get an ip address and looked like the mac address of the modem needed to be registered again.

I spoke to 3 of their support reps including 1 on the premium help line and they flat out refused to accept it was a mac address problem, saying it was an issue with the signal to noise ratio on the line. They made me wait 2 weeks without internet and phone for a technician to come out and register the mac adress over the phone with his office.

Unsurprisingly I wasn't very happy when he told me what was wrong.. :mad:

NTL's support never ceases to amaze me.
jesus thats a support horror story if ever i heard one! :eek:

I filled in that form,they said they'd gert back to me in two days!

Unfortunatley,I'm using my pc upstairs with an ebay €5 wifi dongle sticking out of it.

Its a a fucking rollercoaster ride reception wise.

They could bump me up to light speed and I'd never know.:(!baggyyyy

I got my upgrade!!

Download can be a bit variable anyway but check out my up speed!!

Yeah stee,mine gone to shite tonight too..

What gives i wonder?Its a 30 meg line like.

Plus theres no need to be telling me to keep an eye on it.I'm fucking addicted to testing it.

At night,yeah thats it....

17 mb/s is the quickest I've yet to see.

I did get 19 the first day I got it,but I think I was the first in my street to make the jump.Must test it at about 4am some night.

it's back to normal today, and contention ratio should not drop it from 14/15 down to 3/4Mbps, they even said so themselves.

690859705.png

more like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back