ntl rockumentary.... (1 Viewer)

Larry! Gogan!

Since 2000
Did anyone see that thing on ntl last night about some band called fairuza. was it fictional like batchelors walk or were they for real?

Does anyone remember a rockumentary series that was on channel four about 5-6 years ago. It was about an indie band from London trying to get a record deal. And they played at reading festival after the programmes aired.

Can anyone remember the name of the band?

They sounded kind of like a band called Kingmaker.

Gav (24 Apr, 2002 01:51 p.m.):
Does anyone remember a rockumentary series that was on channel four about 5-6 years ago. It was about an indie band from London trying to get a record deal. And they played at reading festival after the programmes aired.

Can anyone remember the name of the band?
The program was "The next big thing", and featured two different artists on their rise to stardom. the band you're thinking of was called FMB. They never revealed what it stood for, though nobody really cared. They gathered a bit of a following locally, and were featured in the NME, but faded quickly due to being shite. I remember one song went "That was such a, such a James thing to do"... The other artist was Leona Naess, related to diana ross, I think.

Why do I still know this and remember little of the 10 years of German I learned in school / college... hmmmm...

I've seen a few home made things on that channel.. last night's was one of the ones from "DCU TV 2002".

My impression is that it must be quite easy to get something broadcasted with them. (ATTENTION DOCUMENTARY MAKERS?).

I mean, it's a channel eopl flick by just as much as MYV, no?

they also have been showing this REALLY dodgey crime drama late at night....really strange.

rumpus (24 Apr, 2002 02:14 p.m.):

I mean, it's a channel eopl flick by just as much as MYV, no?

Is this just your notorious "creative" spelling Derek or does any of this actually mean something?

they also have been showing this REALLY dodgey crime drama late at night....really strange.

so you were up till 3 looking for dirty French films again, ey Rumpus?

no goo-ga, flick, no goo-ga, flick, goo-ga! result!

go suck a lemon, wise guy. At least I have a remote control and dont croutch over the box till 4am steaming up the glass with my heavy breathing.

"Must....find....the..sex..."

[/quote]
The program was "The next big thing", and featured two different artists on their rise to stardom. the band you're thinking of was called FMB. They never revealed what it stood for, though nobody really cared. They gathered a bit of a following locally, and were featured in the NME, but faded quickly due to being shite. I remember one song went "That was such a, such a James thing to do"... The other artist was Leona Naess, related to diana ross, I think.

Why do I still know this and remember little of the 10 years of German I learned in school / college... hmmmm...[/quote]

Thanks Alot, finally I can sleep at night again,
but seriously ta,

Yeah they did kind of fade away cos the did suck ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back