Notes on the coming AI-pocalypse (1 Viewer)

Really enjoyed this

fwiw, I got sent it by someone who works on the Watson programme at IBM and with MIT AI researchers
Which is just to say that if she thinks it's relevant to AI, it likely is

This reminds me of the death of music. "what are we going to do about everybody downloading music?" (while downloading music). What are we going to do about AI? Ask chat GPT.

This reminds me of the death of music. "what are we going to do about everybody downloading music?" (while downloading music). What are we going to do about AI? Ask chat GPT.
Exactly this. I was at a recent conference that was all about AI and it was exactly like the early days of Napster and all that with people saying "It'll be fine! It'll be fine!" Everyone saying it's all about getting up to speed with it and harnessing it to get ahead of the curve and bla bla. You don't have a clue. Let's not kid ourselves, it gets really, really bad.

One woman made a very good point about discovery being a creative process, and anyone that's written a song knows that. You never end up with the song you started off with. I'm having fun with the thought that, with EVERYONE having access to this, the only edge employers will have will be their creatives, non-techies etc - all the stuff that you can't automate. But then folks had similar thoughts about music (there'll be less shit and more great homegrown stuff!) but ...all that happened was less music.

AI's water footprint varies significantly depending on where it is trained and hosted. For example, AI consumes 1.8 – 12 litres of water for each kWh of energy usage across Microsoft's global data centres, with Ireland and the state of Washington being the most and least water-efficient locations, respectively

Watching the Oireachtas Committee meeting on "Protection of Children in the use of Artificial Intelligence”.
It's grim. I knew it was bad, but targeting kids with videos of self hard and weightloss within minutes of setting up accounts (when they know the kids ages!) is beyond fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back