not so Plane sailing (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i've flown in heaps of planes, but with 4 crashes in the last few weeks, it's starting to freak me out a little bit.
i know there are heaps of nasty ways to die, but i have to say, dying in a plane that plummets from the sky would be really awful.

now im getting afraid of flying :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :(
i'm trying to think of worse ways to die. eaten by piranhas maybe?

La La said:
i've flown in heaps of planes, but with 4 crashes in the last few weeks, it's starting to freak me out a little bit.
i know there are heaps of nasty ways to die, but i have to say, dying in a plane that plummets from the sky would be really awful.

now im getting afraid of flying :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :(
i'm trying to think of worse ways to die. eaten by piranhas maybe?

There's a finality to plane crashes that's unavoidable, yet strangley comforting. It usually crosses my mind right after take off. If say, your legging it cross the dual carraigeway and Rasher Smith ploughs his boy-racer in to you at an excessive speed, you may be living (limping) with it the rest of your life. But if; at say,at 35,000feet the pilot looses cabin pressure and the tin can rolls into an earthbound spin at 500 miles an hour; you already know before it hits the ground that you're gonna be dead as sunday lunch quicker than you can say'no regrets'. So what do you do with your last 5 minutes of life?
Thank your stars you get an quick and easy one; because at that point; believe it or not; things actually could be worse.

so...............ehh...............enjoy your trip.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
There's a finality to plane crashes that's unavoidable, yet strangley comforting. It usually crosses my mind right after take off. If say, your legging it cross the dual carraigeway and Rasher Smith ploughs his boy-racer in to you at an excessive speed, you may be living (limping) with it the rest of your life. But if; at say,at 35,000feet the pilot looses cabin pressure and the tin can rolls into an earthbound spin at 500 miles an hour; you already know before it hits the ground that you're gonna be dead as sunday lunch quicker than you can say'no regrets'. So what do you do with your last 5 minutes of life?
Thank your stars you get an quick and easy one; because at that point; believe it or not; things actually could be worse.

so...............ehh...............enjoy your trip.

thanks. im not actually going anywhere at the moment. (which is kind of shit) but even if the plane doesnt lose pressure you're still alive. its a sickening feeling losing your stomach on a rollercoaster, but being stuck in a plane watching the earth hurtle towards you? ghastly.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I wouln't worry about planes but ANYTHING involving knives freaks the fuck out of me.

even pink children's plastic ones?

showimage.php

La La said:
i've never been afraid of flying until now

i get a little more terrified each time i fly, i especially hate take off when you can kinda feel the pull of gravity on the plane and then the plane starts turning and tilting...ugh. those hunks of metal really have no business in the sky.

as for plummeting out of the sky being not too bad a way to go, i disagree entirely, next time your 1000s of feet in the air in a shuddering metal contraption that weighs tons think about it again. also i read that when this very thing happened a few years ago, off the coast of the US i think, that the effect of the plane plummetting so far so fast would be that the bodies inside would start to disintegrate:eek: the recovery workers were collecting arms and body parts and not whole bodies:eek::eek::eek: no thank you. eyes and spleen and livers bursting left right and centre...

before 9/11 plane crashes were a blip on the 6 o'clock news.....you just hear about them more now that's all.

Miss Piggy said:
i get a little more terrified each time i fly, i especially hate take off when you can kinda feel the pull of gravity on the plane and then the plane starts turning and tilting...ugh. those hunks of metal really have no business in the sky.

as for plummeting out of the sky being not too bad a way to go, i disagree entirely, next time your 1000s of feet in the air in a shuddering metal contraption that weighs tons think about it again. also i read that when this very thing happened a few years ago, off the coast of the US i think, that the effect of the plane plummetting so far so fast would be that the bodies inside would start to disintegrate:eek: the recovery workers were collecting arms and body parts and not whole bodies:eek::eek::eek: no thank you. eyes and spleen and livers bursting left right and centre...

my point exactly. i know there are heaps of bad ways to go, but fuck....that's a BAD way to go.

That Irish guy witht the BBC travel programme had a good explanation of his growing fears, he's taken so many flights that he's begun to know every single sound an airplane makes. It's the new sounds that he's never heard after 100s of flights that freak him out completely, that's when he knows something is wrong.
Lovely thread, i've 3 flights to take in the next 2 weeks.

Bag'o'cans said:
That Irish guy witht the BBC travel programme had a good explanation of his growing fears, he's taken so many flights that he's begun to know every single sound an airplane makes. It's the new sounds that he's never heard after 100s of flights that freak him out completely, that's when he knows something is wrong.
Lovely thread, i've 3 flights to take in the next 2 weeks.

and how many times are you going to cross the road before you take them?

'sayin.

if i did die in a plane crash i'd like hitslikeagirl to sing fly me to the moon acapella at the funeral mass as an icebreaker like. He'd hate every second of it even though he has killer pipes.

La La said:
and how many times are you going to cross the road before you take them?

'sayin.
About as many times as i dial a phone, or put on some toast, no more actually. Probably a ratio of 4:1 the amount of times i fill my cup with water.
As someone said, there's kind of a finality to stepping on to an airplane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back