Not getting paid for a job done...! (2 Viewers)

I was going to post and say "never ever take down a client's site, ever" but then it seemed like you were going to get paid, so I didn't. But I reiterate - "never ever take down a client's site, ever" - it's a legal minefield. I know it seems like a logical thing to do, but it brings out the crazy in people...

Small claims court - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/courts-system/small_claims_court - or if the fee you're owed is more than €2,000 - speak to a solicitor yourself.

realistically, the trick is - payment before upload. it's the only way forward with these cunts out there. host it on your own server for proofing purposes.

realistically, the trick is - payment before upload. it's the only way forward with these cunts out there. host it on your own server for proofing purposes.

That, and scheduled payment - for example:-
25% upon start of work
50% upon completion of work
25% after all testing and fixes

I like the idea of scheduled payments, but I'd imagine the final 25% would be like getting blood from a stone from some clients.

I'd rather 50% up front, 50% on completion (completion = site fully tested etc) and then an agreed hourly rate for changes from then on.

I'm dealing with someone at the moment who requests laughably tiny alterations to a site about twice a week for the past couple of months. Things like changing column width by 5px, swapping one photograph with a 99% identical one. These "fixes" will likely never end.

I'm dealing with someone at the moment who requests laughably tiny alterations to a site about twice a week for the past couple of months. Things like changing column width by 5px, swapping one photograph with a 99% identical one. These "fixes" will likely never end.

I know it's dull, but you need to draw up a contract for yourself... To define what is and what is not covered by your fee...

For example, in that case, you should be able to say to your client that there is a deadine for changes (covered by fee), of one month for example, and that you will do them in one go. Thereafter, hourly fee, with minimum charge amount of one hour.

Think there's some good resources here:-
http://freelanceswitch.com/

Small claims court doesn't deal with things like this. It is for consumers who buy goods or services not dudes who can't get paid by someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back