Not getting paid for a job done...! (1 Viewer)

Johnnyc

Simply put, I did a site for someone and they never paid. It's been up for about 6 months now and despite many emails, phonecalls and the like, I have been just getting the brush off.

Typical phonecall:
Me: Can I speak to Mr. X?
Them: Sure, I'll get him now. Who is calling....?
Me: John.
Them: Oh...erm...he's in a meeting...

I was promised payment at the start of this week. There was nothing in the post today, so the gloves are off - it's time to take the site down.

Where do I stand legally on this? They did pay me to sort out the domain registration and hosting, but not for the actual site itself. If I do take it down, can I put up a message or should I leave things blank? Should I take their email down too?

Could you threaten to take it down? Say something like:

"I will be removing the website you have not paid me for, it will be reinstated as soon as payment in full,

kind regards, Johnny C"

do what moose said to do, but I suppose make sure they don't have access to the passwords and can lock you out or something. suggest that you might redirect it to 2 girls 1 cup as well?

All good suggestions!

Actually got a call from them earlier, saying that the cheque was just posted today. Amazing...!

I've already sent an email, saying I'd have no option but to pull the site if they don't cough up.

I suppose if the cheque clears, I'll just remove a few lines from the stylesheets and fuck up the whole show. That's what Jesus would do, right?

Pretty handy to have that option of taking down the site. Us print workers are not so lucky.

always, always use ink infused the neuro-toxic poison of rare amazonian tree frogs

that way you can agree to hand over the antidote when the cheque clears

common sense people

Was once told the story of a girl who made a site for a pretty significant government related organisation. She was getting similar treatment - "Sorry, the guy you need to talk to is in a meeting", "Cheque is in the post" and so on.

She got an unemployed friend to call on the hour, every hour, until she got her money.

I would like to take a similar route, except I'd get Avernus to walk into the lobby shoot off a firearm. On the hour. Every hour.

In fact - forget the cheque.

Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst in this situation. After the site was taken down, I was faxed a solicitors letter....! Twas full of lies, saying the job had been paid for (I did receive a payment, but that was for a print job) and that taking the site down was sabotage!

I expect all this to get sorted out eventually, but the crafty so and so has cut me out of the loop by going direct to the sites host and changing the passwords. So basically there's the website, sitting on the web and me not paid.

From a legal point of view would it be worth contacting the site host and pointing out that they are hosting something on their servers, that belongs to me? Use of unauthorised material or something along those lines?

ABSOLUTELY! contact them and contact a solicitor. also, where the fuck are they? call in. demand your cheque. at this stage you have nothing to lose.

Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst in this situation. After the site was taken down, I was faxed a solicitors letter....! Twas full of lies, saying the job had been paid for (I did receive a payment, but that was for a print job) and that taking the site down was sabotage!

I expect all this to get sorted out eventually, but the crafty so and so has cut me out of the loop by going direct to the sites host and changing the passwords. So basically there's the website, sitting on the web and me not paid.

From a legal point of view would it be worth contacting the site host and pointing out that they are hosting something on their servers, that belongs to me? Use of unauthorised material or something along those lines?

Let's all go around and rough them up. CUNTZ0RZ!

robber202007a.jpg

Remember that phenomenon that was "sweeping the internet" a while back, where hundreds of people would just arrange to meet up at random places?

We should do that. But instead of "meeting up", we could be "beating up".

"Local Business trashed by 20 blokes in Ramones/Smiths/Pumpkins t-shirts

Remember that phenomenon that was "sweeping the internet" a while back, where hundreds of people would just arrange to meet up at random places?

We should do that. But instead of "meeting up", we could be "beating up".

"Local Business trashed by 20 blokes in Ramones/Smiths/Pumpkins t-shirts

I doubt if anybody has ever being beaten up by someone in a Pumpkins t-shirt

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back