Non-orthodox beer tasting (1 Viewer)

Dktr. Faustus

Ok, this is how we go. Got these bottles from the offies on camden/wexford streets:

Kriek Boon (Belgium, 375ml, 4.5%)
G. Menabrea e Figli 150 Anniversario (Italy, 330ml, 5.0%)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (USA, 350ml, 5.6%)
Augustiner Braeu München Edelstoff (Germany, 500ml, 5.6%)
Coopers Brewery Sparkling Ale (Australia, 375ml, 5.8%)
Singha Premium (Thailand, 330ml, 6.0%)
Dragon Stout (Jamaica, 284ml, 7.5%)
Delirium Tremens (Belgium, 330ml, 8.5%)

To go with these I got some finnish Panda liquorice, Burts chilli lemon chips, Cherry and Hazelnut&Currant Green & Blacks chocolates (this bunch is not for strictly personal use)

Now, if I drink all these, how am I ever gonna know which one was the best one? I might create myself a personalized prazsky index some other friday - use some highly scientific way of determining a matrix of how good was the 7th can compared to the 3rd etc and then take the highly scientific but unbalanced matrix i'm gonna make today and fit these together to make this the objective drunken truth. But then - all these bottles vary in beer type, size and alcohol percentage. Now this shouldn't be a problem when tackling an intellectual problem like this, but while I might me a man of science, I am not a man of maths.

What would be the optional food to have in midst or in the beginning of this kind of challenge?

How about music? I'm thinking about listening to the right channels of some Killdozer and Pussy Galore, my amps a bit broken.

Red Winfield will complement the taste of all these beers.

Today I'm not into 'jokes' or 'funny behaviour', It's all gonna be about getting drunk in highly sophisticated and analytic manner.

Oh, i forgot to pose myself the most important question: in which order should i drink these beers?

Also, how do i separate the effects of the individual beers in my future hangover?

I should stick to prazsky...

1. Kriek Boon (Belgium, 375ml, 4.5%)
2. G. Menabrea e Figli 150 Anniversario (Italy, 330ml, 5.0%)
3. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (USA, 350ml, 5.6%)
4. Augustiner Braeu München Edelstoff (Germany, 500ml, 5.6%)
5. Coopers Brewery Sparkling Ale (Australia, 375ml, 5.8%)
6. Singha Premium (Thailand, 330ml, 6.0%)
7. Dragon Stout (Jamaica, 284ml, 7.5%)
8. Delirium Tremens (Belgium, 330ml, 8.5%)

1. this kriek be too sweet
2. good
3. excellent
4. really good
5. weird
6. really good
7. really good.
8. best

had some lithuanian beer last week and it was really good and really cheap

I have found that cheap beer doesn't necessarily mean bad tasting

I quite like Cooper's Sparkling myself, though the Sparkling bit is a misnomer. More kind of slight wheaty fizz

1. this kriek be too sweet
2. good
3. excellent
4. really good
5. weird
6. really good
7. really good.
8. best

Yeah that cooper's has a weird sort of dusty taste to it. I'm surprised you liked the Tremens so much, but that could have something to do with the order. I find it a bit too strong and sweet for my taste. DeKoninck might be worth a try in the future, I like that one.:)

Yeah that cooper's has a weird sort of dusty taste to it. I'm surprised you liked the Tremens so much, but that could have something to do with the order. I find it a bit too strong and sweet for my taste. DeKoninck might be worth a try in the future, I like that one.:)

Ohh, I'm into the sweet taste, belgian style of course, they have the hops and barley to make it full at the same time...Tremens/Chimay/Duvel/.... are long time favourites, having tremens in was obviously unbalancing this scientific analysis.

And, yes, my coopers was REALLY sparkling, like drinking sparkling mineral salty water stuff but with the taste of beer - i'd be only taste gassy bubbles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back