Nomeansno - all ages cork gig - July 11th (1 Viewer)

in fairness its not like decent bands ever get to support "big" foreign bands

at least nomeansno arent playing another nu-metal festival like last time

B for the Spree said:
i know who they are. random that dodge emo band from derry is supporting NMN in cork is all.

I'm sititng here with the promoter (designing a Handsome Family poster for him) and he knows nothing of a band called Random playing with Nomeansno! as far as he's concerned support will almost certainly be FWW

i think he's saying that its a random occurance that a dodgy emo band from derry (ie FWW) are playing with NMN in cork, thats all.

Jim A. Morrish said:
I'm sititng here with the promoter (designing a Handsome Family poster for him) and he knows nothing of a band called Random playing with Nomeansno! as far as he's concerned support will almost certainly be FWW
either that's a bad example of sarcasm, or you misunderstand me:

i think it is random (as in, seemingly without reason) that an emo band from derry (fighting with wire) are supporting NMN in cork.

B for the Spree said:
either that's a bad example of sarcasm, or you misunderstand me:

i think it is random (as in, seemingly without reason) that an emo band from derry (fighting with wire) are supporting NMN in cork.

not without reason as they're touring ireland then as far as I understand it so makes sense to play in cork for them i imagine. By supporting NMN I guess they'll play to more people then if they did their own show elsewhere on the same day NMN are in cork.

Jim A. Morrish said:
not without reason as they're touring ireland then as far as I understand it so makes sense to play in cork for them i imagine. By supporting NMN I guess they'll play to more people then if they did their own show elsewhere on the same day NMN are in cork.
righto. just wondering. i'll try and articulate myself more clearly in future..

you guys should all fuck each others brains out. stopping putting on gigs was one of the smarted things i ever did. girls should promote gigs, not boys.

hag said:
you guys should all fuck each others brains out. stopping putting on gigs was one of the smarted things i ever did. girls should promote gigs, not boys.
aren't you putting one on tomorrow night?

Bandicoot Promotions Presents

Date: Sun 11th July 2004
Venue: **Half Moon Theatre, Half Moon St, Cork, Ireland

Headline act: *NOMEANSNO

Support: Fighting With Wire
Price: Choose your price -8.50 euro B4 3.30pm/9.50 euro B4 4pm/10.50 euro After 4pm
Doors:3pm
Ph 021 4270022
Tickets on sale from Half Moon box office only day of gig

*******All Ages Show

Acclaimed by peers and adored by fans, this musically adept trio has consistently thrilled sweaty crowds around the world. Nomeansno are a punk rock success story, albeit on their own terms and *well hidden beneath the radar of the music industry. **Formed in the heady days of late 70's punk after Rob Wright *witnessed an early performance by DOA. *With a burst of inspiration, he formed a duo with his brother, John Wright. *After adding a guitar player, Nomeansno began to tour in earnest. *

After releasing several albums on Alternative Tentacles Records (home to Jello Biafra-ex Dead Kennedys), the band struck out on their own by releasing their ninth studio album on Wrong Records. *

Now twenty five years old, the band are celebrating their anniversary with the release of "The People's Choice" (on Wrong Records) which is a record resulting from the band's invitation to fans to tell them what they wanted to hear. **

Wrong Records spent the last two years tabulating, correlating, and making many small piles of the literally thousands of "dream set lists" that have been offered up by NMN fans. *From these lists the label have compiled a definitive compilation of the band's back catalogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back