Noisy Neighbor Advice! (1 Viewer)

worthit

Has anyone on here ever had trouble with noisy neighbors? The people below me either just moved in last Thursday or just bought themselves a nice bassy stereo that day. On thursday, Friday and Saturday they had big loud parties. Thursday night we just thought that it would be a once off and left them to it. On Friday we went down twice asking them to turn it down. The first time they said ok but didn't, the second time they just laughed. Saturday night I was a bit drunk myself and fell asleep regardless. Last night the music wasn't really loud but it is awful bassy dance music vibrating my bed until 3am. Tonight sounds like its going to be the same as last night. We've told the building management but they haven't been ringing us back to let us know what progress is being made? Has anyone been through this and what was the outcome?

just keep at the management company - every day if necessary - who should in turn get onto their landlord - every day if necessary - who will in turn get onto the tenant.

in theory

What Pete said, also maybe consider keeping a list of dates and times so you can write a detailed written complaint.

Call the cops and complain.

Also wait til they're hungover the morning after a party and then assemble the following: Guitar, as many distortion pedals as you can find, loopstation. Make horrible out of time noisy guitar loop, lean amp against their wall. Leave your gaff for 3 hours and come back and observe the results

Have you tried just talking to them? They might just be chancing their arm that the other occupants of the building are party animals too, and once you let them know that they're disturbing you they might tone it down.

Things I have done in the past and am not necessarily advising anyone here to do.

In my old apartment building I knew where all the fuse boxes were so when this one particular neighbour had a late night loud party on a schoolnight, I killed the power to his place. I never had another problem.

If you dangle a string from your window to your neighbour's below, you get the accurate distance from your window to theirs, you can then attach a brick to it and toss it out the window. As long as you retrieve the string, no one is likely to think the offending piece of masonry came from above.

Again, I'm not necessarily recommending these courses of action, just sharing an experience.

In my old apartment building I knew where all the fuse boxes were so when this one particular neighbour had a late night loud party on a schoolnight, I killed the power to his place. I never had another problem.

Brilliant idea!

If you dangle a string from your window to your neighbour's below, you get the accurate distance from your window to theirs, you can then attach a brick to it and toss it out the window. As long as you retrieve the string, no one is likely to think the offending piece of masonry came from above.

Ingenious also, but you do run the risk of killing some fuck on the street below if your brick detaches itself from the string before hitting the window ....

Definitely keep a diary and hassle the shit out of the management company. If you can get the landlords number even better. Is there any kind of residents association in your apartment block? If so, you could use that to put pressure on the management company. All the residents threatening to withhold management fees until it's sorted could work wonders ....

Or else just do the fuse thing ....

Fuse is v practical advice, brick is plain evil.

Tell them you're keeping a diary and complaining about them. If they're really just complete wankers who don't care then.... brick :)

I'm at the other end of the scale at the moment where my downstairs neighbours thump on the ceiling even when music is at an acceptable volume, whether it's me practicing or recorded music. As it is, I take my shoes off in the flat and play everything at a lower volume than I normally would. I miss my old artist neighbour who used to enjoy hearing me noodling on my keyboard while he painted :(

Have you tried having sex with them at all?

Not all at once, obviously. But it could distract them while an accomplice cuts the wires to the subwoofer.

Also wait til they're hungover the morning after a party and then assemble the following: Guitar, as many distortion pedals as you can find, loopstation. Make horrible out of time noisy guitar loop, lean amp against their wall. Leave your gaff for 3 hours and come back and observe the results

Did something similar once.
Our old neighbours used to have extremely loud all night parties every day of every weekend. One weeknight I plugged a keyboard into my bass amp, turned the bass up to full and let rip until they came in to complain. Didn't solve anything but it was fun.

I'm at the other end of the scale at the moment where my downstairs neighbours thump on the ceiling even when music is at an acceptable volume, whether it's me practicing or recorded music. As it is, I take my shoes off in the flat and play everything at a lower volume than I normally would. I miss my old artist neighbour who used to enjoy hearing me noodling on my keyboard while he painted :(

Was about to bring that up.

People who complain about YOUR music / noise levels.

Happened to me loads when I rented. Even at innocous times like 6pm.

Fuse is v practical advice, brick is plain evil.

Tell them you're keeping a diary and complaining about them. If they're really just complete wankers who don't care then.... brick :)

that brick idea now sounds appealing! hehe

cops would seam the quickest way to sort that out. try and get contact details for the landlord from management company. there more likly to at least turn the music down if the cops turn up

Bricks and Fuses.

Can someone please give 7-NoTomorrow a PhD in fucking ruling?

On second thoughts... who am I kidding. 7-NoTomorrow clearly runs the PhD awarding body in fucking ruling.

Im confused, surely your neighbour would be sussed when the brick the breaks their window retreats up the side of the building and into your open window no?

Im confused, surely your neighbour would be sussed when the brick the breaks their window retreats up the side of the building and into your open window no?

They're not watching from across the street.
You have a 5 to 10 second window where everyone is wondering what the fuck happened and where. As soon as the brick hits the glass, you haul the string back in and close your window.
You, of course, have your lights off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back