Noise v. Music / The ol' self-abuse (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Banned from what fuckface?

from thumped. i happen to know for a fact that pete hates you and wishes you wouldn't post here.

FACT!
just gimme an excuse, dicknose.

andy

White Stripes are signed to a label too. Doesn't mean they're crap does it? At least we've got SOME interest so far, we're only a full band since Christmas.

Don't start with me, YOU.

I'm not starting nothing!!

I'm just trying to work out you can come to an independent music board telling people what's what

"I'm personally just tired of the noise passing off as music. Seems like a cop out to me. So many bands do it nowadays, I believe in discipline, thru lots of discipline comes new direction."

and when some one has a jibe at you or your band y'all start mouthing of that you have record company interest and how you "really give a shit what you think"

it just don't make sense to me

but then I don't have an englishrecord label interest,
so you don't give a shit what I think

Originally posted by egg_
I was really enjoying the whole artistic discussion buzz going on there for a while
<sigh>
Pete, any chance you'd split all the hissing and scratching off to a different thread?

say goodbye to egg_ lads - cos he's banned too.

andy

Originally posted by Pantone247
I'm not starting nothing!!

I'm just trying to work out you can come to an independent music board telling people what's what

"I'm personally just tired of the noise passing off as music. Seems like a cop out to me. So many bands do it nowadays, I believe in discipline, thru lots of discipline comes new direction."

and when some one has a jibe at you or your band y'all start mouthing of that you have record company interest and how you "really give a shit what you think"

it just don't make sense to me

but then I don't have an englishrecord label interest,
so you don't give a shit what I think

Oh Dear, I was jokin when I said 'don't start you'. God! So I can't talk about the state of modern music without coming across as a big head? I mentioned the label thing, just coz someone dissed our stuff a little. Big whizz.

Its not that I don't give a shit what you think, coz thats not true. You always make a good point around here. Its just you cant take everyone's opinions on board, or else you end up with yer nickers in a twist y'know?

Okay, if the fact that some english record company is showing an interest in your band, how exactly does this imply that yer any good?

I mean, if the "shit" we listen to gets released (and believe me, "crappy" music propagates regardless of its origin) doesn't it kinda burst you record label bubble?

Could you please tell us the record company so we can have some pointless rants about whether they'll screw ye over or not?

Originally posted by enchance
Okay, if the fact that some english record company is showing an interest in your band, how exactly does this imply that yer any good?

I mean, if the "shit" we listen to gets released (and believe me, "crappy" music propagates regardless of its origin) doesn't it kinda burst you record label bubble?

Could you please tell us the record company so we can have some pointless rants about whether they'll screw ye over or not?

Nope. I think we should all leave it be okay? Funny how a thread about self doubt ended up. The contents here in illustrate peoples reason for self doubt.

I was having a reasonable discussion with Lizzie about music till RAD ALARM thru in the insults.

I was having a reasonable discussion with Lizzie about music till RAD ALARM thru in the insults.

Did I not start this whole debacle by blabbering on about noise?

Funny that, eh?

Originally posted by the pope
its an artists responsibility to be all 'that sounds like fuckin' skrewdriver maaaaaann' n stuff.

cool - you like white power music too?

everythings great in 88!

andy

the following people are banned...

speed racer, egg_, the guy who disapprovingly posted ":rolleyes: " or something gay and herv

peace out

andy

Re: the following people are banned...

Originally posted by RAD-ALARM
speed racer, egg_, the guy who disapprovingly posted ":rolleyes: " or something gay and herv

peace out

andy

you can't ban me, i'm in the connect four orchestra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back