noise event (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter safe
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0

safe

Since 2000
is there a definite line-up for that all day noise thing in the project yet.
(also big thanks to thinker org for coming down to cork last wkend. look forward to seeing u again - great collaboration with pkd.

The noise event in Project, called WINTER, is full up now, I'm afraid.
The full line up will be released in a day or two, but will include the following:

Birds Against Stones
Roy Carroll
Chockchai 3k Battery
Siobhan Cleary
Donnacha Dennehy
Richie Egan
Andy Fogarty
Paul O'Reilly
Judith Ring
Thinker Org
Zoger

It's £12 or £8 (if you're a student/OAP/unemployed/good blagger) and you get free ear plugs.
It starts at 12 midday, goes on till 8pm, and you can come and go as you please, once you've got your ticket.

Also worth dropping in to Project for is a performance of some new music by Simon and Jurgen of the Jimmy Cake (and Thinker Org and Zoger, respectively) on MAY 10 at 1pm-2pm. Part of the 10elephants series, it'll have tapes and violins. £2 admission, I believe.

For more and up to date info, keep an eye on
www.whisperinggallery.com

www.project.ie

(and, ok, the ear plugs aren't really free as such, but they are included in the admission price).

Oh how it does make me bleet in distress, like a trapped baby lamb when people fail to post the date or time of these events!

On what date is this magical WINTER noise extravaganza?!

event: WINTER
concept: !noise!
venue: PROJECT, east essex st., temple bar, dublin 2
date: saturday, 2nd June, 2001
time: 12pm-8pm
price: £12/£8
circle pit: can you dig it?

www.whisperinggallery.com
www.project.ie

I might actually go to that. Now...if it is anything like Loren Mazzacane Connors I will be forced to torch the place.

Should I bring some small instruments of war in case there is a circle pit????

billygannon (04 May, 2001 09:30 a.m.):
I might actually go to that. Now...if it is anything like Loren Mazzacane Connors I will be forced to torch the place.

I'll keep you supplied with freshly lit torches if Loren Mazzacane Connors is playing....

Um, you do know there'll not be much in the way of Dropdead/Assuck noize going on, yeah? Plus, there ain't much kindlin' in that there Project...best to bring a big mug of isopropanol. I'm talkin' coffee bowl here...

I had no idea there were replacements!
I think it's just badly drawn renditions of the original bo and Luke. I'd love to meet those ladies. Perhaps they could show me around their trailer...

Lay off Loren.
He's better than YOU.[/quote]
He may be better than me, but is he free?[/quote]

Judging by his Guitar "playing" he seems to be a bit too free if you know what I mean...

Judging by his Guitar "playing" he seems to be a bit too free if you know what I mean...[/quote]

Uh-oh...batten down the hatches, I smell a lambastin' on the horizon...

Uh-oh...batten down the hatches, I smell a lambastin' on the horizon...

...and deservedly so.
Jim O'Rourke, Joan of Arse...nice one...an excellent line up for a memorable gig...but wait..who is this...a sinister and serious looking Gentleman wielding a very nice guitar wanking around on stage wrecking everybodys head...if you're going to improvise you have to be able to do it well. When yer man from Joan of Arse and Jim O'Rourke played together that night it was pretty darn cool...but Mazzacane Connors just did the same thing for way to long. If you're playing live music you need to have some degree of empathy with the audience (especially if you're improvising) but did he turn that bloody pedal off...No.
...and no I have not heard any of his albums and would need some serious convincing to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back