no no disco ? (1 Viewer)

conor (05 Apr, 2002 10:21 a.m.):
would people be ok with this being done under the thingsyouremissing banner?

I would.
Something which would be cool in the documentary is a thing Stoat have talked about for years but never done anything about ... a series of photos/video clips entitled "The Rock'n'Roll lifestyle - the reality", with sections on 'The Day Job', 'The Audience-Free Gig' and 'Manoeuvering a Marshall Amp into the Back of a 2-door Ford Fiesta'

egg_ (05 Apr, 2002 10:29 a.m.):
conor (05 Apr, 2002 10:21 a.m.):
would people be ok with this being done under the thingsyouremissing banner?

I would.
Something which would be cool in the documentary is a thing Stoat have talked about for years but never done anything about ... a series of photos/video clips entitled "The Rock'n'Roll lifestyle - the reality", with sections on 'The Day Job', 'The Audience-Free Gig' and 'Manoeuvering a Marshall Amp into the Back of a 2-door Ford Fiesta'

cool

egg_ Something which would be cool in the documentary is a thing Stoat have talked about for years but never done anything about ... a series of photos/video clips entitled "The Rock'n'Roll lifestyle - the reality", with sections on 'The Day Job', 'The Audience-Free Gig' and 'Manoeuvering a Marshall Amp into the Back of a 2-door Ford Fiesta'

Think you're onto something there. Sounds good.

Right, I think there has been enough chit chat and Wouldent-it-be-cool-if... ideas flying round...

Conor, your the boss, name a day, time and venue...

Lets see who shows up and lets get this thing done...

I know how these things go, I've spent too long in the film game drinking coffee and listening people talk shite, basically having meetings for the sake of having meetings. Taking out their folders and speaking FAR TOO LOUDLY in the IFC...

It seems their is a great genuine interest here and it would be a great shame if nothing came of it...

So Conor Speilberg, where and when?

(er... make it evening time... cos I dont get in town till 7ish... oh, and the wan killed me when I suggested our gaff...)

PeeWee (05 Apr, 2002 11:44 a.m.):
Right, I think there has been enough chit chat and Wouldent-it-be-cool-if... ideas flying round...

Conor, your the boss, name a day, time and venue...

Lets see who shows up and lets get this thing done...

I know how these things go, I've spent too long in the film game drinking coffee and listening people talk shite, basically having meetings for the sake of having meetings. Taking out their folders and speaking FAR TOO LOUDLY in the IFC...

It seems their is a great genuine interest here and it would be a great shame if nothing came of it...

So Conor Speilberg, where and when?

(er... make it evening time... cos I dont get in town till 7ish... oh, and the wan killed me when I suggested our gaff...)

eh - I was thinking about formulating a plan o action with the guys I know this weekend and then organising a meeting next week? I need to sit them down first to give them some background on the whole shenanigans. I also want to give del9 and steve fanagan time to get back to me as I asked them if they would be willing to lend a hand or advise in any way. cool? i just need to sort out who should be doing what so that when we do have a meeting we can "action" people - lah-dee-dah

meeting will be soon though. there's a thingsyouremissing meeting on monday (7pm upstairs in lord edward) and i wanna get some feedback from that too.

steve just got back to me:
------------------------------------
we are totally open to you documenting the gig, i guess the next step would be to contact the individual bands and make sure that it's cool with them...if the bands agree and it's not going to affect them on the day, then go for it, it'd be lovely to have a document of the gig, and of these great bands, thanks, take care, steve & cat.
------------------------------------

so, band people, is it ok?

i'm joining in this late, so sorry.
this all sounds good. i think it would be important not to just interview bands, you'd have to take in the whole scene - promoters, DJs, labels, radio shows and all that jazz. and i think it would have to be broad, like interviewing people like leagues, sinister pete, dineen, friction people, the amc, stuff like that. important to make it national too, rather than just dublin. and get as much footage as possible then be really brutal with the editing. and pitch to every station. network 2 would probably show it with alot of cajoling, seeing as how they're so hip and all.
that's my two cents.

treelo (05 Apr, 2002 02:23 p.m.):
i'm joining in this late, so sorry.
this all sounds good. i think it would be important not to just interview bands, you'd have to take in the whole scene - promoters, DJs, labels, radio shows and all that jazz. and i think it would have to be broad, like interviewing people like leagues, sinister pete, dineen, friction people, the amc, stuff like that. important to make it national too, rather than just dublin. and get as much footage as possible then be really brutal with the editing. and pitch to every station. network 2 would probably show it with alot of cajoling, seeing as how they're so hip and all.
that's my two cents.

bang on rhona - d'ya wanna help out?

There is an opening at the moment in RTE.... can't go into details at the moment though....

Anyone interested in doing a comedy show??

I'm being serious by the way....

Fair play to ye lads.Push the envelope,live life to the max and other such slogans.Whats the dilly with that rte comedy thing?

midfield general (05 Apr, 2002 05:10 p.m.):
There is an opening at the moment in RTE.... can't go into details at the moment though....

Anyone interested in doing a comedy show??

Does a one legged duck swim around in circles?

What about my mother in law? Shes so bad at cooking ... even the bins have ulcers!

count me in

ermm...in the new FES mailout there was something about a Donal Dineen film piece - "The Sound In A Light Year
(a film by Donal Dineen)".

Does anyone have any details? Is this something similar to what's being discussed? Is it Japanese Skat?

Hoping for a combination...

- Fintan

Any ideas for comedy scripts send to myself for the time being and I'll pass 'em on to the relevant people involved. It's still up in the air though....very up in the air....like a big balloon...

fintino (07 Apr, 2002 01:13 p.m.):
ermm...in the new FES mailout there was something about a Donal Dineen film piece - "The Sound In A Light Year
(a film by Donal Dineen)".

Does anyone have any details?

I dunno, but isn't it being shown next Saruray at Wonky in the Storehouse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back