no no disco ? (1 Viewer)

Donal

Website
www.thetychobrahe.com
there is talk over on the hotpress.com forum that no disco is going to be axed.

i really hope this is bullshit but i doubt it.

no no disco ... what then??

you're forgetting the jewel in his televisual crown: don't feed the gondolas

The End, No Disco ... sure why would you keep shows like that when a repeat of Friends gets 10 times as many viewers.

rte - you gotta love them.

kirstie (22 Mar, 2002 01:34 p.m.):
you're forgetting the jewel in his televisual crown: don't feed the gondolas

Which went really really shite after he left if i remember correctly.
the priest your man used to do was de\adly tho,
jesus in the house an a'

Hymn That Shall Not Be Known (22 Mar, 2002 01:31 p.m.):
Remember The End with Sean Moncrief?
I liked that.
What ever happened to Moncreif?
After good grief MOncrief that is..........

Sorry, but Barry Murphy's 'The End' (on Friday nights) was much better.

pete (22 Mar, 2002 01:42 p.m.):
I liked that.

Maybe i made a mistake saying Sean Moncrief, thats who i thought was on it, anyway,
ooh, time to go fail an exam..........

Hymn That Shall Not Be Known (22 Mar, 2002 01:48 p.m.):
pete (22 Mar, 2002 01:42 p.m.):
I liked that.

Maybe i made a mistake saying Sean Moncrief, thats who i thought was on it, anyway,
ooh, time to go fail an exam..........

nahhh murphy did it on fridays, moncrieff did it on saturdays

Donal, he say:
there is talk over on the hotpress.com forum that no disco is going to be axed.
i really hope this is bullshit but i doubt it.
no no disco ... what then??

Someone was saying to me recently that since the Napster boom, the reckoned corporations are struggling to make music more of a closed shop. Not really a new thing, of course. Linking this to the ditching of No Disco might be a little paranoid, but the outlets for music outside of the ordinary seem to be drying up at a fierce rate. As anyone (not working for Westlife) who has tried to get press in the UK recently would be able to testify. Has the state of mainstream music ever been so bad and utterly homogenised? And if there is no easy way to hear music outside of the ordinary anymore, will it always be this way?
Answers on a James Brown duck, please.

ultimatly, though, has anything changed. i don't think it's any different from the way it used to be. the reason no disco will go, if it goes, is becasue rte are fucking imbiciles. they allus have bin, they allus will be. if it does get the spanish archer, tv3 should hi-jack it... or it could move to tv4 and play just irish music... i dunno. who am i , marmaduke hussey?

joss (22 Mar, 2002 03:44 p.m)

but the outlets for music outside of the ordinary seem to be drying up at a fierce rate.

It would be typical of rte to axe no disco when the quality and quantity of independent irish music and videos is rising all the time.

The corporate strangle-hold on the media seems to be tightening (rte involvement with six, pop idols taking over itv for months ... and all publicly accepted). A show like no disco is a bit of a lifeline for me (as a musician and a music fan) - and a real reflection of what is going on out there. Not to mention if you make a video for 60 euros ... they play it.

Hector Grey (22 Mar, 2002 03:56 p.m.):

if it does get the spanish archer, tv3 should hi-jack it... or it could move to tv4 and play just irish music... i dunno. who am i , marmaduke hussey?

aye

if it does go that bloke on the tv4 Ní Dishco is in for some new viewers.

Donal (22 Mar, 2002 04:02 p.m.):
[quote

It would be typical of rte to axe no disco when the quality and quantity of independent irish music and videos is rising all the time.

The corporate strangle-hold on the media seems to be tightening (rte involvement with six, pop idols taking over itv for months ... and all publicly accepted). A show like no disco is a bit of a lifeline for me (as a musician and a music fan) - and a real reflection of what is going on out there. Not to mention if you make a video for 60 euros ... they play it.

If No Disco goes then there is no point in making videos as there is no forum to get them shown in this country.
That royally fucks up our vid just as it is finally nearing completion.

do you know RTE get 5% of all Sixs earnings

I've probably said this a million times

but I think it s fould how our national broadcaster what we pay for with our taxes and licences ourr getting money from a cut Louis Walsh

...oh yeah I did say this before

well I think its stinks.

i'm tellin' ye tho... we will overcome.. somehow.

i feel for the children. why doesn't anyone think of the children no more.

I hope this ain't true.....dispite the fact that no disco has been playing alot of dull "singer/songwriter" dirge and poxy hip hop of late, it's still an important show.....what happened to that new Aphex Twin video that was promised?

Anyone see the Decal vid?
Why did they go to the bother making a video for such a pointless track........your trying to get people to acutally consider buying your records lads not have em search for the remote or throw things at the TV

I'm still disgusted at Channel 4 for axing VIDZ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back