NIGHTSHIFT axed. (1 Viewer)

Maybe they could stick on one of those fully clothed Irish versions of Babestation that appear on City Channel after midnight.

does anybody have any idea of the procedures for a site like say, pitchfork, who show music videos and clips and the likes?

lets say , for example, i set up a website or blog, and showed irish videos and interviews but then showed a few american videos on youtube etc (not talking about the big guns)..like say caribou or animal collective..
would i have to clear those videos?

I work in broadcasting. There is no copyright per say on music videos -the likes of the record company etc will want them to be broadast as much as possible cause they're promotional material. But once they have been aired there is the matter of music returns (finance) and thats what most people will get paid through imro (radio & tv). However I do work in a conventional TV station so I'm not sure how that would work for web stuff. If you wanted it to be a fairly official and professional station/web cast etc I'm sure you'd have to have some sort of link up with Imro. But like I say I'm not 100%

I work in broadcasting. There is no copyright per say on music videos -the likes of the record company etc will want them to be broadast as much as possible cause they're promotional material. But once they have been aired there is the matter of music returns (finance) and thats what most people will get paid through imro (radio & tv). However I do work in a conventional TV station so I'm not sure how that would work for web stuff. If you wanted it to be a fairly official and professional station/web cast etc I'm sure you'd have to have some sort of link up with Imro. But like I say I'm not 100%

Thankfully that's cleared up now.

any jobs going?

Broadcasters also have to pay PPI fees for broadcasting videos though don't they? Record companies collect that money from PPI then ...

yeah there are fees/royalities (music returns finance) to be paid etc but there's no copyright issues in the traditional sense. But as i said i'm sure there's lots of loopholes for web broadcasts.

I'm sorry but i was reading jim carroll's blog on irishtimes.com and found this line funny

though I’d imagine there can’t be massive cost savings involved in culling a niche late-night show. New station owners TV3 would probably have saved more money by halving the make-up budget for Xpose

it's nice to see this has been replaced with the 3e logo jumping around and a girl in her knickers suggestively toying with a mobile phone.

I assume it's on because of the number of compliants made about the lack of time during Michelle Doherty's links to knock one out...

It was costing NOTHING and tv3 have now further cut costs by cutting 12 more jobs and giving everyone a paycut of between 7% -20% depending on wage scale.

Again, Sports tonight, which was a good outlet for sport in Ireland regardless of your opinion on the show was sacrificed after 10 years rather than halving Xpose reporter numbers, length. (6 now?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back