NIGHTSHIFT axed. (1 Viewer)

what kinda interest would there be in a monthly web music show along the lines of no disco? i was thinking of this a while ago but was too busy with college..

itd be something id be interested in looking into.

im not sure itd work with copyright and whatnot but it could be like a video podcast.
could have segments like:
bands pick their favourite videos etc,
live performances(maybe some in strange places like the hollows thing),
tours of rehearsal spaces(cribs meets that irish blog thing),
gig announcements,

etc etc. something simple.

Hey dude,

I think that's a great idea. We were involved with a cool project in Vienna, infairness quite a few of the bands are making or scrapping a living from music, with the exception of us of course:) Just shot on an fx1 but it was a really a really good outlet for a lot of independent bands. It'd be cool to have something like that, similar to thumped i guess but dedicated to independent music videos and shorts.

P&C 2008 gstereotypical and thisgreg (we'll talk later:D)

Am I being naive, or could RTE do something like this for (relatively) cheap as chips with limited resources? Surely something like this should come into their remit of state broadcasting / culture promotion etc.?

Yeah, Vincent Hanley's been quiet for a while, they could get him.

I did like the Nightshift show.
Bugger anyway.

Nightshift with Vincent Browne and George Hamilton. Now this is a format worth thinking about..."Do you know what a ham sandwich is George? What they really mean? Yes Vincent, they mean a gee, fanny, vagina...No? Next up, Modest Mouse.

Doesn't The City Channel on NTL digital show music videos by Irish bands and does interviews with them as well? The shows seem to be all over the place though and the best in terms of selection as does Pop on 4.

Obviously they're not as good as night/day shift but at least it's something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back