night terrors (1 Viewer)

hag said:
so, are these thing real? does anyone get them? does anyone here ever wake up completely scared shitless but has no idea why? does anyone not dream or at least not remember dreaming?
i very very rarely remember my dreams. one of the most depressing disabilities a human can have. its like a really good album coming out which everyone raves about and says is amazing and you buy it and play it and its just silence. i live with a girl who can relive her dreams in vivid detail. which makes things worse. one of my pet hates is generally what follows "i had this really weird dream last night........" everyone find their own dreams fascinating i spose. maybe about once a year i remember chunks of a dream and its the most fascinating thing ever. obviously. but the rest of the time i just wake up, still in the last place i was in my dream, very happy, very sad or scared - whatever, but having zero context. anyone have any advice on how to better remember dreams?

This used to happen to me ALL THE TIME. I would be asleep but awake at the same time listening to someone come into the room and get into bed beside me and whisper in my ear. Very fucking scary. One time I actually left my body and I was stuck to the ceiling looking down on myself sleeping. This kind of thing happened when I was drinking a lot of whiskey mostly. Must have been the Fear....

According to George Ohsawa, remebering your dreams is a sign of poor sleep and bad health.

I get night terrors. Whimpering, sobbing, shouting. No idea why. Poor D has to wake me up cos he gets worried about me having nasties in me snoozy.

I'm still drunk.

ok, this happens to me. and funnily enough, it seems to be related to doob intake... i think.

i either have the most lucid dreams you could ever wish for, really insane nonsensical stuff, like homer under the sea things but much weirder... but not normally frightening at all, jut really really bizarre.

or, i wake up, sometimes in a cold sweat, with this unbelieveable feeling of terror but i have no idea why. i guess it has to be related to a dream but maybe because it so horrible, my brain kicks in and blocks it out?

normally, i don't remember dreaming. i doob regularly but when i don't have access to it, i go through around a week of the terrors which is followed by those rainbow-coloured crazy ones... it's like the doob blocks them or something and when you give up for a while, the flood gates open... the terror goes straight away since, you know, i'm a grown-up and i realise there's actually nothing to be scared of but for that moment when i awake... shizzle, i don't think i've ever actually experienced anything in real life scary enough to make me feel like that. it's totally different from a family member dying or anything like that, which makes you very sad. this is terror, the kind some people pay good money for.

aoifed said:
According to George Ohsawa, remebering your dreams is a sign of poor sleep and bad health.

I get night terrors. Whimpering, sobbing, shouting. No idea why. Poor D has to wake me up cos he gets worried about me having nasties in me snoozy.

I'm still drunk.
:) that's really sweet. in the good old days, i used to do this as well, stroking your partner's head and talking to them quietly normally makes them go away without having to actually wake them up ;)

hag said:
like homer under the sea
:D
I don't think mine is related significantly to how much I smoke. I've read up on it a bit as I was concerned about it. It's quite common in children, but it's kinda different to what you're talkin bout willis. Normally, night terrors aren't really terrifying, and children won't remember it the next morning unless someone wakes them up properly during it and makes a big deal out of it.

You should tell your mum to stop waking you up and giving you cuddles and just let you sleep through it.

A guy in the flat beneath my bedroom used to scream, bark and whimper all night in a cork accent, "oh jeeesus oh jeeeeesus oh jeeeeece no no no nOOO arf mmmf mmf" scared me shitless the first time. And i thought my waking up choking please please i don't want to die was bad.

are you sure he wasn't just riding someone really ugly? or someone who was using chicken fillets to enhance their boobs and he only founf out when he gots them home? and he never learned his lesson? and he kept on picking up the same girl, over and over, because he was so drunk?

Bag'o'cans said:
A guy in the flat beneath my bedroom used to scream, bark and whimper all night in a cork accent, "oh jeeesus oh jeeeeesus oh jeeeeece no no no nOOO arf mmmf mmf" scared me shitless the first time. And i thought my waking up choking please please i don't want to die was bad.
reminds me of the time i was living in a bedsit (paper walls) when i was i woken up to the sound of 2 deaf people having sex. you know the way when people who've been deaf forever lose / never acquire the ability to speak properly? well throw those sounds into the normal aural rough and tumble and you have something very strange. still ranks as one of the most distressing things i've ever heard and definitely the most traumatic awakening.

Bag'o'cans said:
A guy in my bedroom used to scream, bark and whimper all night in a cork accent, "oh jeeesus oh jeeeeesus oh jeeeeece no no no nOOO arf mmmf mmf" and touched me shitpipe the first time. And i thought my waking up choking his chicken was bad.
I box the shit out of people if they sleep in the bed next to me.
(not on purpose like, in me sleep)

hag said:
are you sure he wasn't just riding someone really ugly? or someone who was using chicken fillets to enhance their boobs and he only founf out when he gots them home? and he never learned his lesson? and he kept on picking up the same girl, over and over, because he was so drunk?
chicken fillets?:D
what a horrible thing to discover while getting it on with some lady, would they be hot or cold i wonder?

oh my god, that story about the deaf people is terrifying. i guess we should just celebrate their love but... i'm sorry, i just can't. (just kidding) it would be deadly craic egging them on actually, they'd never know, you could scream commentary into the wall and they'd never know!!! :p

Ive never had these before, but a good few people have told me about them, which got me really curious, because they all were saying the same thing, that they completely couldnt move, and that it felt like there was something on their chest, throttling them.

I saw this program on channel 4 about it too, which was really freaky, they had footage of people who constantly had night terrors. There was this poor woman married to this guy that had really violent night terrors, and she had to barricade herself in her room. There was these massive holes in the walls everywhere from this guy, cos he'd just wake up in the middle of the night (and they showed this, freaky stuff) with this crazed look on his face and start running around the house screaming and attacking anything he came in contact with, he even thew himself out a window one time!

But by far the freakiest thing about these night terror yokes, is the fact that everyone reports seeing the same things when they have them: A large shadowy figure, and an old lady. Thats just creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back