night terrors (2 Viewers)

Anthony said:
this is all very interesting. But here's an observation... when people are recounting their dreams I think their voice takes on a special tone that makes it totally uninteresting to the listener.

I'll tell you what it is, it's people who describe their dreams like a DVD commentry... 'and then I opened the door, it was a blue door, which is funny cause my door is red, and I knew it wasn't my door, but it seeme, in the dream to be my door, so.. where was I... oh yeah I opened the door...'

When I remember my dreams it's "I was driving a tractor down georges street"

that's all

I like hearing about other peoples dreams, because it gives me an insight into their thoughts and weaknesses, so I can better manipulate them into being pawns in my secret evil plan.

:mad: Gakgakgakgakgaaaa!

Ian said:
Has anyone ever listened to a DVD comentary all the way through?
no. but i've often thought it'd be an interesting way to watch a movie for the first time. "Keep it quiet down the front!"

yeah, i've been having trouble sleeping over here... i get home from work, might snooze for half an hour. i go for a few beers, come home, get into bed around 12 and i've been really luck to fall asleep by 4. i think i might be used to just passing out instead... i might give this a try for a while and see if i turn 'normal', sounds very boring though... :p

jesus, i just realised i've been surviving on around 2 1/2 hours sleep a night and i don't feel too weird at all... wow etc. [shakes head and shrugs shoulders] shizzle. and i'm not going to get a huge amount of sleep this weekend either. bottle of whiskey, sleep deprivation... someone please bring a tape recorder!

hag said:
might snooze for half an hour
theres your problem right there. its a bad idea, speshly if you're having problems sleeping anyway, to mess with your body clock. resist the temptation to snooze and then collapse into bed much later. its worked for me before. liberal addition of fire water and smoke rings help too.

but... if i can get by on 3 hours 'sleep', surely it's worth it? and that was only last night... i normally just do the lie in bed for 4 hours thinking about absolutely everything under the sun and the sky turning brightish usually makes me feel sleepy.

hag said:
but... if i can get by on 3 hours 'sleep', surely it's worth it? and that was only last night... i normally just do the lie in bed for 4 hours thinking about absolutely everything under the sun and the sky turning brightish usually makes me feel sleepy.
this is your brain, this is your brain on 3 hours sleep. 6 hours is the recomended minimum [human being installation and maintenance manual]. "getting by" and "soaring into the stratosphere conquering all in your path" are two noticeably different end results. depends on the person aswell. i've friends who need to be stoned to function productively in this life. i cant scratch my arse when i'm under the influence. mr drummond for diffrent folks i spose.

Ian said:
Has anyone ever listened to a DVD comentary all the way through?
all the time, i loves them
except for alien resurrection, cos your man's french accent is so strong i can't understand him
but then someone suggested putting on the subtitles, and away we went.

the last time sleep paralysis was mentioned on thumped, i got it a few nights later. it wasn't nice at all. if i gets the night terrors soon, i won't be happy. constant mundane dreams and the occasional riding dream are grand with me.

I've never had night terrors, although about a week ago I had a panic attack in my sleep. See, I'm shit with heights and I get really panicky like a big old gobshite when I have to deal with them, which in fairness isn't very often- when I'm travelling: "Oooh check out that view.Sweet Jesus, I'm going to fall to my death <sweat, hyperventilate>", etc. So yeah I had a dream about standing on the edge of a cliff last week and woke up having a panic attack. Worst buzz ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back