Nick Cave (1 Viewer)

Buckrake

Anybody been to Nick Cave?
I went last night - very enjoyable apart from the clowns shouting inanities at him and then talking loudly during the quiet songs.
Anti-highlight (?) of the gig was one such type sitting near me who shouted in thick nort soide accent: 'Nick! 'Inta Me Arums''! Titter!

Buckrake said:
Anybody been to Nick Cave?
I went last night - very enjoyable apart from the clowns shouting inanities at him and then talking loudly during the quiet songs.
Anti-highlight (?) of the gig was one such type sitting near me who shouted in thick nort soide accent: 'Nick! 'Inta Me Arums''! Titter!
Is it true he had some bad seeds with him?

Also, what time did he start ??!!!

hugh said:
Is it true he had some bad seeds with him?

Also, what time did he start ??!!!

I don't know if he did have bad seeds with him (wouldn't know what they look like) but he did have that Dirty 3 violinist with him who just does not know when to shut the fuck up. And stop trying to grab the attention for fuck's sake. He was like the girl who wears white to a wedding.

They started at about 9 I think.

Warren (Ellis) I think is the violinist.. bassist was bad seed Martin Casey... dunno the drummer - i assumed he was a bad seed too...

i didn't think warren was trying to hog the limelight - i thought he was just more noticable cos nick was stuck behind the pee-nano and couldn't lep around himself...

Tis true - Warren Ellis & Martin P Casey - both seeds of the worst sort...both also ex Blackeyed Susans buts thats another story. I thought it a fairly toned down performance by young Warren and was infact grateful for his occasional antics without which I would have spent the evening staring at the top of Nicks newly shorn head over an albeit very nice looking piano

fuck that, warren ellis is amazing. and shy.

nick got a haircut eh?

ah he's lost it really these days (the plot, not the hair). its been down hill from boatmans call/henrys dream/birthday party (delete as applicable.) marrying a model and having kids and becomming a biblebasher....hmmmmm.....

did he play thee ship song tho?

spectraljanitor said:
did he play thee ship song tho?

yep he did. he played it second when some 'wag' in the crowd asked him to play it 'for his bird'. nick agreed and that meant that after every song there was a barrage of idiotic request-shouting and comments, which climaxed with the gentleman whom i quoted in the first post in the thread.
maybe i'm getting old, or maybe it's just a while since i've been to a quiet gig, but fuckers all round me bugged the shit out of me by talking loudly. it's one thing to whisper but these were yakkity yakking like auld wans at a bus stop.
it was nearly scrap o'clock when i asked some bint behind me to keep her whineing down but the greasy hair primate in front who kept talking to his missus in a squeaky high-end pubescent quack (which carried further due to its high-bollocked shrillness), he did what i asked and shut the fuck up. however i could still hear him slurp all over the poor girl's face every time nick played something romantic. eeuuuhhh. i hate polite society!

Psychotic no 2 said:
Fuck! Really? Was that the standard rate for the tickets?
(I went for free :D )
rub it in why don't you, journo-girl.
i thought it was fucking excellent. he is such a SMOOTH BASTARD that cave fella.

mark said:
rub it in why don't you, journo-girl.
i thought it was fucking excellent. he is such a SMOOTH BASTARD that cave fella.
I thought it was great too. Didn't have any problems with crowd talking/being annoying type bullshit at all. Only thing was Marks head two rows in front kept distracting me.

We were sitting in the Clock beforehand and some guy came up to us and gave us a free ticket. Said he bought two but his friend couldn't make it and he wanted to give it away to someone who would enjoy it rather than sell it to some tout. He is now officially the coolest man in the world ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back