Nice Posters for Irish gigs.... (2 Viewers)

cap_jun03.jpg

hoot5.jpg

*cough* *cough*

been years since I've done posters actually.... apart from the last hoot one

I agree, you're right. No one reads loads of blurb on a poster, at least I know I don't. But putting the name of the actual band on there prominently is usually a good start, and the venue and date. And that Dino Jr one didn't even get that right.

Beak said:
I've sort of lost faith in the idea of posters actually getting punters into gigs who didn't already know about it, so I'm not really into sticking a lot of descriptive text about the band(s). .

kirstie said:
I agree, you're right. No one reads loads of blurb on a poster, at least I know I don't. But putting the name of the actual band on there prominently is usually a good start, and the venue and date. And that Dino Jr one didn't even get that right.

i'm sure someone could do a survey of the effectiveness of posters on attendance of gigs due the complexity of information systems and channels. i.e. most people who'd go to a gig find out by other channels.

therefore posters are making walls look nicer as opposed to fulfilling some narrow economic function

depends on where the poster is. If you're sitting in Simon's Place waiting for some late bastard (hello ian) you may read a poster, or you may be more likely to read a flyer. But those big billboard posters.. I've definately re-evalutated the way i do those since i started driving through town.

Anthony said:
depends on where the poster is. If you're sitting in Simon's Place waiting for some late bastard (hello ian) you may read a poster, or you may be more likely to read a flyer. But those big billboard posters.. I've definately re-evalutated the way i do those since i started driving through town.

was that a response to me? cos I was just waffling for the sake of it. :D

broken arm said:
i'm sure someone could do a survey of the effectiveness of posters on attendance of gigs due the complexity of information systems and channels. i.e. most people who'd go to a gig find out by other channels.

therefore posters are making walls look nicer as opposed to fulfilling some narrow economic function

i think someone should do that survey!

how important do people think posters are in the scheme of promoting gigs?

I think people "in the know" forget how usefull posters are. Since moving out of dublin I look out for posters more than ever when I'm in town.

swingkid said:
i think someone should do that survey!

that brazilian nazi girl i work with is working on a european project looking into the effectiveness of design support while developing models for assessing quantifiable economic impacts of design. no more presumptions.

I've had an epiphany. Any poster I make from now on is just going to look all colourdy so that intrigues people into finding out more. Or Something.

This reminds me of a 'conversation' i had with a client once about their website. She wanted icons of question marks becuase she said people would be 'fascinated' and want to know more. I said no, they would not, they would be confused and not know where to click and that it was always better to be explicit when imparting information, especially on an info based site, which hers was.

She looked down her nose at me and said 'well, I am sure I am right so we'll just have to agree to disagree'

broken arm said:

broken arm said:
she gave birth to a billion rips.

and as far as i remember she's hott aswell.

everyones a winner.

y'now who's hot?

Tara McPherson, that's who

122.jpg

tmdeathcab-265x382.png

swwwooon.jpg

kirstie said:
She looked down her nose at me and said 'well, I am sure I am right so we'll just have to agree to disagree'

deja vu. meanwhile you sit there trembling with rage, on the verge of tears. I can see where they are coming from though. A two year marketing course is more than enough to qualify you as a designer - or better yet a synergistic brand optimiser tethered to a baloon of unique selling points floating outside the box, pumping you legs so if the ballon bursts you'll hit the ground running before touching base in terms of the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back