New Sufjan Stevens has leaked (1 Viewer)

Unicron said:
Anyone heard it yet? Thoughts?

I'm only half way through it but it seems a bit more frantic than the last 2 albums, and a bit of a return to how he sounded on the first record. Not sure if I like it.

hhhhmmmm could you expand on this?

are we talking about A Sun Came as his first album?

This blog has one song available for download. Sounds good in a hectic kind of way. A bit like a couple of songs off Michigan. Kind of stereolabby.

Pantone247 said:
hhhhmmmm could you expand on this?

are we talking about A Sun Came as his first album?

Yeah, you know how the instrumentation on it made it sound a bit medieval? The first few songs on Illinois sound a bit like that.

Overall I'm a bit dissapointed, he seems to be rehashing what he's done before, one of the songs sounds like a speeded up version of one of the songs off of Seven Swans, the name of which escapes me right now (the "lost in the clouds" ... "Lamb of God"... "he draws near" one).

If you want it pm me your address and I'll burn you a copy.

Not sure about that wee Cure/Close To You bit.
People going into bits of other people's songs during their own is a pet hate of mine.
"I know they're the same chords, so I'm double bluffing you by playing a bit so you know I know. How clever am I?" Pricks.

old said:
Not sure about that wee Cure/Close To You bit.
People going into bits of other people's songs during their own is a pet hate of mine.
"I know they're the same chords, so I'm double bluffing you by playing a bit so you know I know. How clever am I?" Pricks.

ah poor cranky joss

best is on Tusk where Lynsey has three songs across the record that are more or less the same tune, so he switches the lyrics all over them, the chorus is the verse is the backing harmony of ther other song etc, etc,

so, eh... poor joss

Wasn't crazy about that song but the rest are great. Some crackers on there.
Balls to Arcade Fire. For ensemble shite with tons o instrumentation and singing, this is yer man.

old said:
Wasn't crazy about that song but the rest are great. Some crackers on there.
Balls to Arcade Fire. For ensemble shite with tons o instrumentation and singing, this is yer man.
i agree...lots of instrumentals on this one... but still a proper albums worth. some songs better than other and not that different to michigan in many ways but still fucking great. the long complicated songs are the best. that and chicago which i haven't been able to get out of my head for absolutely ages.

Chicago is a total cog of an old song. Or rather, shows the thread that links the States series, with familiar melodies and figures reappearing.
Aye, but in reality he's ripping himself off. Still good, but.
Current favourites: Predatory Wasp, John Wayne Gacy and Jackson.

here will someone tell me,
does he have any other albums other than michigan and seven swans and that one thats meant to be kind of electronic and everyone tells me to stay away from? and what state is this album of (presuming he's still doing the 50 states thing) and when is it due and is he touring?
love
pat.

This will be his fifth album and it's about Illinois.
The first two albums are A Sun Came and Enjoy your Rabbit (the electronic one). Not sure what the tour situation is.

It's released on the first week of June in the US (I think, either that or first week of July).

It's also the first of a possible 3 releases this year, there is also the chance of an EP around September/October for one of the smaller states and a possible christmas album.

Unicron said:
Anyone heard it yet? Thoughts?

I'm only half way through it but it seems a bit more frantic than the last 2 albums, and a bit of a return to how he sounded on the first record. Not sure if I like it.

heard michigan again last night. he doesnt know when to stop. too long by far. very stereolab meets sea and cake.

seven swans is a little better but there's some awful prog rock gtr on one tune. and it goes on for too long.

whats his first album called?

he's a christian rocker, right?

i heard him on the OC the other day...

There's a Christmas album available for download here. Tis the season and all.

Vol. I Hark! Songs for Christmas

01 Silent Night
02 O Come O Come Emmanuel
03 We're Goin' to the Country!
04 Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming
05 It's Christmas! Let's Be Glad
06 Holy, Holy, etc.
07 Amazing Grace

Vol. II Hark! Songs for Christmas

01 Angels We Have Heard On High
02 Put the Lights on the Tree
03 Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
04 I Saw Three Ships
05 Only at Christmas Time
06 Once in David's Royal City
07 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
08 What Child Is This Anyway?
09 Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Vol. III Ding! Dong! Songs for Christmas

01 O Come, O Come Emmanual
02 Come On! Let's Boogie to the Elf Dance!
03 We Three Kings of Orient Are
04 O Holy Night
05 That Was the Worst Christmas Ever
06 All the King's Horns
07 Ding! Dong!
08 The Friendly Beasts

Seven swans = Seven ZzzZZZzz's. BOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

giveachickakick said:
heard michigan again last night. he doesnt know when to stop. too long by far. very stereolab meets sea and cake.

seven swans is a little better but there's some awful prog rock gtr on one tune. and it goes on for too long.

whats his first album called?

he's a christian rocker, right?

i heard him on the OC the other day...

giveachickakick said:
seven swans is a little better

really? i think michigan is a much better album, meself - the arrangements are lovely, and there's some top songs.

"the transfiguration" on seven swans is great, and the rest is considerably more meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back