new Sufjan Stevens album - Carrie & Lowell (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
looking forward to this....

SUFJAN STEVENS

Carrie & Lowell

27 March 2015
Asthmatic Kitty Records

Carrie & Lowell, the new album from Sufjan Stevens, is set for release March 27 in Ireland, March 30 in the UK / Europe and March 31 in North America on Stevens’ own Asthmatic Kitty Records.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and preorder the album HERE.

The album - named for Stevens’ mother and stepfather - is a return to Stevens’ folk roots. Thematically the 11 songs address life and death, love and loss, and the artist’s struggle to make sense of the beauty and ugliness of love.

Carrie & Lowell was recorded by Stevens alongside Casey Foubert, Laura Veirs, Nedelle Torrisi, Sean Carey, Ben Lester and Thomas Bartlett and mixed by Stevens, Bartlett and Pat Dillet.

Sufjan Stevens is a singer-songwriter currently living in Brooklyn, NY. A preoccupation with epic concepts has motivated two state records (Michigan & Illinois), a collection of sacred and biblical songs (Seven Swans), an electronic album for the animals of the Chinese zodiac (Enjoy Your Rabbit), two Christmas box sets (Songs for Christmas, vol. 1-5 and Silver & Gold, vol. 6-10), and a BAM-commissioned programmatic tone poem for the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (The BQE). In 2010 Stevens released an expansive EP (All Delighted People) and the full length The Age of Adz, a collection of songs partly inspired by the outsider artist Royal Robertson.

Stevens recently collaborated with New York City Ballet choreographer and dancer Justin Peck on Year of the Rabbit, a modern dance program set to a classical orchestration of Enjoy Your Rabbit and an original orchestral score commissioned for Peck’s ballet Everywhere We Go. Stevens’ second BAM commission Round-Up, an instrumental accompaniment to slow-motion rodeo footage, will be performed at BAM’s Harvey Theater this January 20-25.

Tower Records - Sufjan Stevens Album Playback

Douglas Hyde Gallery

Tuesday 10th March 2015

Tower Records, Dawson Street in association with Douglas Hyde Gallery & Asthmatic Kitty presents a very special playback of the forthcoming new album from Sufjan Stevens, Carrie & Lowell.

In October 2004 Sufjan Stevens played his first Irish show at the Douglas Hyde Gallery Dublin. About 100 people were present at this memorable and much talked-about performance. During the ten years following that concert, Stevens has released a number of critically acclaimed and ambitious concept albums, but his latest release is a return to the simpler folk style of his early recordings – the kind of music he performed at that first Irish gig.

To celebrate the release of this special album, we are inviting a limited number of fans to come join us in the intimate surroundings of the Douglas Hyde Gallery for an advance listening of Carrie & Lowell, ahead of its March 27th release. The album will be played through wireless headphones, providing an intimate, yet communal, listening experience on the evening of Tuesday March 10th.

In order to gain entry to the listening party all you need to do is pre-order any format of Carrie & Lowell online at SUFJAN STEVENS OR pre-order in person in our Dawson Street store before Wednesday 25th. Each successful pre-order shall be entered into a draw to win two passes each to this exciting event.

Listen to the stunning new track "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross" now

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For further details please see Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More or www.Twitter.com/TowerDublin

The Age of Adz live show in the Olympia was possibly the best gig I ever was at.
I concur. However I queued early for this so I'd get a wristband and get in the pit. Which was great because you were up close and personal. However, I didn't even realise there was a fancy light show until I read the thread on thumped the next day. Couldn't see a bit of it from up front.

I nearly caught an inflatable santa claus at the gig he played before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back