New APHEX TWIN EP (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jp
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
aphex loses me when he's doing childish piano instrumentals and flatulent drum'n'bass workouts. too much of drukqs was dominated by this, though i dig the creepy eastern music-box tracks. i suppose i'd still be interested to hear anything he does, but i'd say the selected ambient works records are the only ones i'll keep playing regular.

Analord:
The new Analord release is going to be Surfing on Sine Waves type acid stuff. There are going to be ten 12"s released, the tenth one is available to buy via mail order only right now from Rephlex and it costs 40 Sterling for one 12" and a "leather" binder to hold all the other 12"s once you buy them.

The tenth one will also be able to buy in the shops at a normal price after the other nine get released, the other nine will be sold in shops for normal prices.

All those Analord mp3s on Soulseek/the internet are probably fakes. I even doubt if the track Magnetize put in his mix is from Analord 10 but we'll know for sure once people get them in the post.

I ordered Analord from the Rephlex website when that webpage first went up sometime in early December and haven't got it yet (there have been delays in shipping etc blah blah). Yes it's a lot of money but I'll just wait a few years and then sell it on Ebay for a profit like the evil fiend I am.

Drukqs:
The following are what I think the good tracks on Drukqs are:

Track A1 - Jynweythek
Track A2 - Vordhosbn
Track A4 - Strotha Tynhe
Track D1 - Mt Saint Michel Mix+St Michaels Mount
Track G5 - Meltphace 6 (this is my favourite Drukqs track)
Track H1 - Afx237 V7
Track H3 - Nanou 2

Analord 1 and 2 will be in road in a couple of weeks time, Julie said it would probably only be 8.99 or somewhere around that price.

Donkey OJ said:
tasty stuff. thanks for the link jp.

no problem
those mp3s aren't fakes by the way
they were confirmed by people who got analord 10 in the post

Stan Bowles said:
Analord 1 and 2 will be in road in a couple of weeks time, Julie said it would probably only be 8.99 or somewhere around that price.

what's on 1 & 2?

qwerty said:
what's on 1 & 2?

Erm what with not having it yet I don't have a clue. As is my understanding analord 10 came with the binder. Over the next few months they are releasing analord 1-9, then after that analord 10 will be more widely available.

I could have this wrong but that is the way I read it on the rephlex site. They don't have any details regarding 1&2 yet.

Stan Bowles said:
Erm what with not having it yet I don't have a clue. As is my understanding analord 10 came with the binder. Over the next few months they are releasing analord 1-9, then after that analord 10 will be more widely available.

I could have this wrong but that is the way I read it on the rephlex site. They don't have any details regarding 1&2 yet.

is the analord series all Aphex Twin stuff?

Analord 1 & 2 out on january 24th

ANALORD 1 :
A1 'Steppingfilter 101'
A2 'Canticle drawl'
A3 'MC4 acid'
B1 'Where's your girlfriend'
B2 'Grumpy acid'
B3 'Analord 158b'

ANALORD 2 :
A1 'Phonatacid'
A2 'Laricheard'
B1 'Pissed up in se1'
B2 'Bwoon dub'

were jew get that from goone?
skinnerchinner said:
Analord 1 & 2 out on january 24th

ANALORD 1 :
A1 'Steppingfilter 101'
A2 'Canticle drawl'
A3 'MC4 acid'
B1 'Where's your girlfriend'
B2 'Grumpy acid'
B3 'Analord 158b'

ANALORD 2 :
A1 'Phonatacid'
A2 'Laricheard'
B1 'Pissed up in se1'
B2 'Bwoon dub'

discogs
another music site
like someone said julie from road said 1 and 2 are coming out soon so i'd well believe it
nothing on the rephlex site about them tho'
i reckon i might have a quick scant on warp to see if theres any info

nothing on warp either cunzer
is mentioned on one of the unofficial aphex sites
the one formerly know as we are the music makers

Analord Volumes 1&2 Due Out January 25th

The online music shop, Ear-Rational, has the tracklisting and release dates for the next two installments in Richard's epic Analord series...

The online music shop, Ear-Rational, has the tracklisting and release dates for the next two installments in Richard's epic Analord series. Due out January 25th, Analord Volume One's tracklisting is as follows: Analord Volume One SIDE A: Steppingfilter 101 Canticle drawl MC4 acid SIDE B: Where's your girlfriend Grumpy acid Analord 158b Analord Volume Two SIDE A: Phonatacid Laricheard SIDE B: Pissed up in se1 Bwoon dub

Right. so Analord 1 and 2 have been released you can listen to clips here

http://www.boomkat.com/

(thanks for the link Goone)

regarding the analord 10 tracks that are floating around, Im a bit confused. the ones that were linked here sound very Aphexy but I actually prefer the one that is supposed to be fake the thumping acid one.

The new ones above seem to sound more like the 'fake' analord 10 i.e. acidy. Theres a scent of Selected Ambient Wks 1 in there too.

FancyGoods said:
Right. so Analord 1 and 2 have been released you can listen to clips here

http://www.boomkat.com/

(thanks for the link Goone)

regarding the analord 10 tracks that are floating around, Im a bit confused. the ones that were linked here sound very Aphexy but I actually prefer the one that is supposed to be fake the thumping acid one.

The new ones above seem to sound more like the 'fake' analord 10 i.e. acidy. Theres a scent of Selected Ambient Wks 1 in there too.

Im considering buying a turntable for this yoke. that is, I would be considering buying a turntable, had I any money at all. God damn you january, and your evil sales, rasping my empty pockets.

shirley your not going to buy turntables just to listen to these?
Do you have other records aswell? or intentions to buy more?
jist buy them and get someone to digitaize them for you, and then put them on cd
Wavioli said:
Im considering buying a turntable for this yoke. that is, I would be considering buying a turntable, had I any money at all. God damn you january, and your evil sales, rasping my empty pockets.

FancyGoods said:
shirley your not going to buy turntables just to listen to these?
Do you have other records aswell? or intentions to buy more?
jist buy them and get someone to digitaize them for you, and then put them on cd

not turntables, turnable. singular, as in some piece of crap that plays vinyl. And no obviously it wouldnt just be for this. I have some old vinyl too, that is very very neglected, lying down there with me dads dire straits albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back