New APHEX TWIN EP (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jp
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
Wavioli said:
not turntables, turnable. singular, as in some piece of crap that plays vinyl. And no obviously it wouldnt just be for this. I have some old vinyl too, that is very very neglected, lying down there with me dads dire straits albums.
tut tut.. criminal. I got a turntable recently which was great because I have a small quantity of records from way back. when I say I got it, my sister was pregnant so I robbed it off her. to teach her a lesson likes..

The laricheard track on the second one sounds like its straignt of SAW1.

thats the only one that strikes me really

aoifed said:
The tracks on #1 sound like winners to me. Not sure about the second one though, they may be growers or they may just not be great.

Aphex Twin. i know most people will disagree with me, but i honestly think he has been going steadily downhill for quite a while. I absolutely love his "Classics" cd, "didgeridoo" being a perfect slice of rhythm. Both the "Selected Ambient Works" collections were superb, but after that i think it's a decline. "I care because you do" was the last album that was consistently decent. I didnt much care for "Richard D James" at all, except for "Boy/Girl Song" which is staggeringly beautiful and a total dancefloor rush. I really didnt like "Come to daddy" or "Windowlicker" at all, even though most of my friends love them. Stunning videos though. I think "drukqs" suckqs. All very throw-away. "26 mixes for cash" wasn't worth the price of the album. however, he occassionally does great little things which keep me interested, like the two clear box singles; 808 state and the bug mixed by afx were wonderful. more of that stuff is what i'd like to come in through my ears.

yeah in recent times i love the one offs he releases

hangable auto bulb 1 and 2 are amazing

the rest of his stuf is better then a lot of electronica out there, but he hasnt released a good album since richard D james.

SAW2 is probably one of my most listened to albums, still
Brian Conniffe said:
Aphex Twin. i know most people will disagree with me, but i honestly think he has been going steadily downhill for quite a while. I absolutely love his "Classics" cd, "didgeridoo" being a perfect slice of rhythm. Both the "Selected Ambient Works" collections were superb, but after that i think it's a decline. "I care because you do" was the last album that was consistently decent. I didnt much care for "Richard D James" at all, except for "Boy/Girl Song" which is staggeringly beautiful and a total dancefloor rush. I really didnt like "Come to daddy" or "Windowlicker" at all, even though most of my friends love them. Stunning videos though. I think "drukqs" suckqs. All very throw-away. "26 mixes for cash" wasn't worth the price of the album. however, he occassionally does great little things which keep me interested, like the two clear box singles; 808 state and the bug mixed by afx were wonderful. more of that stuff is what i'd like to come in through my ears.

FancyGoods said:
yeah in recent times i love the one offs he releases

hangable auto bulb 1 and 2 are amazing

the rest of his stuf is better then a lot of electronica out there, but he hasnt released a good album since richard D james.

SAW2 is probably one of my most listened to albums, still

Didnt realise there were 2 hangable auto bulb albums, Im not mad about the one I have, its ok like. Although there aren't a mass of great songs on Come to Daddy and Drukqs I still think that the strong ones on them are enough to make them good, namely Baucepholous Bouncing Ball and flim on CTD, and qW'[OHTGIQAE'[OGIERGO;H or wha-evah on drukqs. you know the one I mean, cmon, dont be coy.

Actually I think flim might just be one of his best tracks ever.

ok then, heres what I think
of the ones that come to mind straight away

best aphex track : 'Arched maid via rdj' from hangable auto bulb 2
best aphex album: SAW2

*'On' is obviously a brilliant track

*Windowlicker is great esp nannou and the second track with a formula as its title

* SAW1 is amazing
* Come to daddy cd is great for a listen every now and then
* richard d james is v.good but not as good as come to daddy cd
*26mixes for cash is mostly shit
* druqks could have been deadly as a single cd, thers too much padding on the double cd
*donkey rhubharb, digeridoo, ventolin are all prett good
*bug remix is deadly
* I dont like the 'classics' album
*analouge bbaths are ok especially 5
* polygon window is only fucking deadly
*'expert knob twiddlers' is worth a listen but not that good
*peel sessions are nice and melodic
*There is generally one decent track on each of the Analogue bubblebath releases, the best being track 3(i think) on bubblebath 5. The other tracks are so-so
*hangable auto bulb 1 has one good track on it 'auto-butane-bob' or something
*hangable auto bulb 2 has 3 great tracks on it , and its mostly amazing
*squarepusher is deadly

I cant think of any other ones

Brian Conniffe said:
i heard a jazz band doing a cover of flim. cant recall their name however.

theyre called the bad plus. great cover I might add.

Fancy yeh that laughable butane bob track is qualitee, did u ever hear the blech mix with it on it? theres some mad sample over the top that makes it even better. actually i was kind of diappointed when i heard the original without the sample. Still a cracking tune. Children talking isnt bad either, but the rest I cant even remember, even if I try. Its nice, but in one ear out the other type of stuff.

ps. whats that one off drukqs with the mammy bear daddy bear bit called? man u get funny looks for listening to that one on the bus. I love it.

I know the sample from blech2 allright its from some old film. some lady shouting "some body help me, he's dead, he's dead" or something. Its all time streched.

have you heard blech1? have it on mp3. its good also.

Problem child on Blech2 was the first time I ever heard squarepusher also

Wavioli said:
theyre called the bad plus. great cover I might add.

Fancy yeh that laughable butane bob track is qualitee, did u ever hear the blech mix with it on it? theres some mad sample over the top that makes it even better. actually i was kind of diappointed when i heard the original without the sample. Still a cracking tune. Children talking isnt bad either, but the rest I cant even remember, even if I try. Its nice, but in one ear out the other type of stuff.

ps. whats that one off drukqs with the mammy bear daddy bear bit called? man u get funny looks for listening to that one on the bus. I love it.

what about acrid avid jamshred
and the other one anagram style
wax the nip maybe
and alberto balsam
all from i care ...
fucking wonderful tracks the lot of them
especially alberto

whats the pacman song like ?
i know youve heard it cunzer you thieving shite

FancyGoods said:
I know the sample from blech2 allright its from some old film. some lady shouting "some body help me, he's dead, he's dead" or something. Its all time streched.

have you heard blech1? have it on mp3. its good also.

Problem child on Blech2 was the first time I ever heard squarepusher also

nah havent heard blech1 only the second one. tis fantastic but. played it to death, and now the cd skips to bits. bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back