Never thank a Bogul no. 4 & 5 out Monday (1 Viewer)

weeler said:
not entirely taking the piss, saw the zine at a session and was thinking 10pages for 1euro? I'll take this to the internet!
some1 else was offended by the use of playboy imagery, i've heard 4 is good tho but havent seen it yet.

Feedback!
cant imagine why someone would be complainin about the cover....it said swimsuit edition and had playboy yokes all over it but it was clearly a joke seeing as there were obviously no pics or anything like that in it. i guess they just have no sense of humour.
i know a euro is more than wat it costs to make each individual zine, but we usually give them to willy an natalia for free and give emfree to friends or drunken people who ya get chattin to....so in the end we make about 80 we'll get about 40quid back...im not saying thats the right way to go about it....its obviously not seeing as we loose money...its just the way we do it....so thats that im afraid.

I was in the indian place next door (mmmmmmmmm falafel... cheap...-ish) with a mate of mine and there was a flier for #5 "the swimsuit edition." shes not one to understand the workings of diy and was totally confused. So I legged it up and bought #'s 4 and 5 and lent them to her. And she loved 'em. So did I btw. Cracked up on the bus home and got a few funny looks. well, I spose no more than usual but....

read the lads last night and today, fuckin great, NTAB has come on so much since the first issue! definitly one of my favourite zines around right now.

indian gaff? i left those fliers there! woooo! oh, no i didnt, but i bought the falafel which allowed ross to deposit them. it really is a damn fine falafel gaff, but indian it isnt...

Cheers for feedback - good to see people like the zine - makes it worth the effort.

About the playboy thing:

Dara did the cover for #4 and called it 'the travel issue', although I wrote nothing about travel at all. While I was looking for a font for the cover of #5, I just happened to find the Playboy typeface, and 'the swimsuit edition' just occured to me as something that might piss off Dara, and might amuse people as well.
I'm not really sorry if it offended anyone, because that's not what it was intended to do - the offended took the wrong meaning from it.

The new coffee - you're right - pork those bitches! :eek: :D

Oh yeah - the price;
35 copies @ 10 pages = 28E.
A euro a copy, I gave 20 to Red Ink for 15E, so that's 2E profit. It cost me 4E to get in and out of town.

By the by, does anyone know what Willy's favourite flowers are? I want to work a few hours in Red Ink if I can.

i hope that €2 went to the tsunami appeal! oh, no wait, u say it was €4 for the bus? so yer down €2? well, seeing as weeler is so concerned about yer bank balance, maybe he cud donate some of the takings from the G8 gig?

Sprinkles said:
yes, i know, off topic, but where is this indian place?

good zines btw, both of them, congrats!

Its called Alyanna or something, two doors up from Red Ink/MC and its 4.55 for the best falafel Ive ever had in Dublin. Pisses all over Athena with its 7.99 and its shitty falafel.

ed in mouth said:
i hope that €2 went to the tsunami appeal! oh, no wait, u say it was €4 for the bus? so yer down €2? well, seeing as weeler is so concerned about yer bank balance, maybe he cud donate some of the takings from the G8 gig?

i dont think it's the job of zine buyers to pay your busfare..!baggyyyy

and no, we need that money for petrol,cotton and glass bottles.

its not the zine buyers job to be the zine makers accountant either...

... cant we just start ordering in kalashnikovs at this stage?

it's just a few quid for zines, there's no need to start shooting ppl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back