neutral milk hotel fans (1 Viewer)

You know I just got a copy of Aeroplane yesterday (it was going cheap on Insound) and ..... well ....... what the fuck is all the fuss about? Now I only listened to it once and was kinda distracted while doing so but it sounded like pretty bog-standard folkyindieacousticy carryon to me ..... I'll give it another shot and everything but was mucho underwhelmed on first listen.

hugh said:
You know I just got a copy of Aeroplane yesterday (it was going cheap on Insound) and ..... well ....... what the fuck is all the fuss about? Now I only listened to it once and was kinda distracted while doing so but it sounded like pretty bog-standard folkyindieacousticy carryon to me ..... I'll give it another shot and everything but was mucho underwhelmed on first listen.

I felt that way after the 1st listen too. I dunno it just really gets under yer skin after a few more listens, hair raising stuff...

hugh said:
Oh Comely is far and away the most awe-inspiring track on that album....i really dig the bounciness of Holland 1945 too...and if Two-Headed Boy Part 2 doesn't make you cry, then yer a hard, HARD man.

hugh said:

What the fuck are you at?!!
That albums one of the greatest thing ive ever heard.
If neutral milk hotel were the standard for the "folkindieacousticty carryon" genre you've just coined,then the world would be a better place!

hugh said:

took years of just causally listening till one day I realised it was actually one of the most amazing records I owned... it's one that benifits from headphones and a long boring bus journey...

Wheels said:
Nice one! (couldn't rep you for that, but you are most worthy of it.)
Incidently, does anyone else prefer Avery Island to Aeroplane?

i love both records, but definatley have a preference for Avery Island. i think its the sheer fuzz of it all - and song against sex is one of the best songs ever

nlgbbbblth said:
Just picked this up on CD yesterday,

Is there meant to be a tracklisting somewhere? Can get it on amazon etc but.......

Mine has a cardboard slipcase with quotes on the back while the cd inlay is just a single page (paintings both sides)

sounds like yer missing the foldout which had all the lyrics, song titles etc

Aeroplane is a pretty good album. I like it heaps but it being voted album of the decade was a small bit over the top even for a fan like me.

Based onwhats said here I must listen to Avery more. I dont think I've given it a fair shot.

I've had the album with the cover with the lady with a snare drumb for a head for yeeeeears now... and I still don't get ...

roll on the next bus journey i guess

True, he likes the Breeders, thinks Green Day's pretty swell,
but what about the Bartlebees and Neutral Milk Hotel?
It's okay for a Sunny Day but that Sting album won't do
so when I play you Allen Clapp you'll know baby I love you!

Pop songs your new boyfriend's too stupid to know about

Matt Pond PA do a cover of In the Aeroplane over the Sea, 'tis on their Winter Songs EP released earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back