Nespresso (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell

Anyone got one of these machines?

I just had an espresso from one. Can't believe how good it is.

Trust you hippies to shoot it down. I bet half the people here secretly have one.

I have one. Makes very nice coffee, consistently. No mess, no fuss. I really like the Ristretto for espresso.

In terms of environmental impact I recycle the pod material, compost the coffee grounds and the reduction in cleaning products compared to traditional coffee makers and the reduced electricity usage, compared to the horrible electric hob that my landlord has foisted on me, probably make up for some of it.

I have one. Makes very nice coffee, consistently. No mess, no fuss. I really like the Ristretto for espresso.

In terms of environmental impact I recycle the pod material, compost the coffee grounds and the reduction in cleaning products compared to traditional coffee makers and the reduced electricity usage, compared to the horrible electric hob that my landlord has foisted on me, probably make up for some of it.

so you were off making everyone by ibracks and vacuum gadgets and all along you were using an nespreso - :eek: - for shame squiggle for shame.

we bought this yoke :
brevillecaferomablack-thumb.jpeg

not expensive, dead handy to use, and you dont need those shitty little I Own Your Coffee MAchine pod yokes.
Fuck pods of coffee.
You get your espresso ground up at the coffee place, fish out a scoop and tamp it down a bit, stick the handle thing with the coffee back onto the machine on it and the job is done.

No grinds everywhere, cursing, or killing babies.

(edit, interestingly we bought a stupid pods of coffee machine thing in work, because its Italian and everything from Italy and all the people there are perfect...

sorry, just had to punch something there... where was I, oh yeah, and at the start I thought the coffee was grand, and now, since we bought our machine, I wont touch it. It tastes shit in comparison. They dont use great coffee in them, they use very ordinary stuff, and you will notice this when you get used to semi decent stuff.)

Theres an italian restaurant here I eat in most evenings and half the time when I ask from an expresso they look at me like I'm a loon and then if I do get a waiterss who's been there for more than a fortnight and they know what I'm talking about it's either "I'm sorry the machine is broken" or else I get a espresso cup filled to the brim with watery scutter.

Very wierd. You think you'd have some hope of getting a decent coffee in an italian restaurant.

Theres an italian restaurant here I eat in most evenings and half the time when I ask from an expresso they look at me like I'm a loon and then if I do get a waiterss who's been there for more than a fortnight and they know what I'm talking about it's either "I'm sorry the machine is broken" or else I get a espresso cup filled to the brim with watery scutter.

Very wierd. You think you'd have some hope of getting a decent coffee in an italian restaurant.

incidentally, the best espresso i ever got was in Spain. Go figure

also:50/50 espresso/brandy shot=best indigestion cure ever. suprisingly nice too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back