Nervous Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Anarcho Munk

No no, I'm not talking about my mental instabilty atm but am referring to the song by Black Flag.

I just downloaded a live Circle Jerks song yesterday which was called (surprise surprise) Nervous Breakdown. At the start of it Morris says something along the lines of "We've been trying to get royalties on this song for the last 8 years and have failed, so instead we're just gonna play the fuck out of it."

So it just got me thinking of what's going on, I know that Keith Morris was in an early incarnation of Black Flag and that he recorded I Don't Know and Nervous Breakdown with them (on the First Four Years album) but did the flag rip off the Circle Jerks or vice versa, or is it deeper than this?

Any and all suggestions welcome and tbh I'm bored and feel like getting a bit of a discussion going.

theblackflagversioniswaybetterfuckcirclejerksthesedaystheydidasinglewithdebbiegibson

d60347316tb.jpg

the last call said:
That link Gary threw up to the Black Flag live show was the business,Nervous Breakdown bein the best song on it...Fuck Keith Morris and his sub-J.Rotten vocals anyway
I like Keith Morris doing it and the Group Sex album is a classic, not mad on there stuff after that though.

Nervous Breakdown is way more in line for Keith Morris' voice than it is for Rollins imo.

Circle Jerks are the bizz and as Janer says, Group Sex quality. :)

spuded said:
ah wild in the streets has its good moments..|..|
I agree, all of the moments.
also morris is great, defo one of the top 4 black flag singers.
"the misfits are touring oz soon, this time it's jerry only with dez and robo?! what up?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back