NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE RDS Arena Dublin, Saturday 15 June 2013 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
there you go now
[h=2]NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE[/h][h=2][/h][h=2]RDS Arena Dublin[/h][h=2]Saturday 15 June 2013[/h][h=2][/h][h=2]Tickets on sale Tuesday 18 December at 9.00am[/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h]AVAILABLE FROM:-
All Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
24hr Credit Card Bookings:-
0818 719300 (ROI)
0844 277 4455 (NI)
Book on line www.ticketmaster.ie

Following the positive reviews that greeted the recent expansive double-album ‘Psychedelic Pill’, Neil Young & Crazy Horse can now confirm details of an Irish date next summer playing Dublin’s RDS Arena on Saturday 15 June.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse recently completed a North American tour and are next scheduled to tour Australia and New Zealand in March.

‘Psychedelic Pill’ opens with ‘Driftin’ Back’, a gripping, 27-minute epic which starts with an acoustic intro (the only section of the album which was recorded in Kamuela, Hawaii) before it pokes down pathways that have been hinted at before, but never fully explored. Jesus, the Maharishi and Picasso make appearances in the song, Young noting how the images and messages associated with them are invariably corrupted or misconstrued. And, he fears, his own message and art have been corrupted and diminished by the very technology that has made it more accessible.

Two other songs on the album touch in similarly expansive musical territory, the elegiac ode ‘Ramada Inn’ and the spirited prayer of ‘Walk Like A Giant’. Other highlights include ‘Born in Ontario’ which offers further detail and new perspectives to the explicitly autobiographical thread that winds back to ‘Helpless’; ‘Twisted Road’ is a joyous thank-you note to some of the others who inspired (and continue to inspire) him, with Bob Dylan (“Like Hank Williams chewin’ bubble gum / Askin’ me ‘How does it feel’”) at the fore; and the title track is phased, swirling stomp in which he honours the rock ‘n’ roll spirit at its most pure.

FOR MORE INFO ON NEIL YOUNG:-

Official site
Twitter
Facebook

Excellent. He was amazing last time in the 02, and going by recordings I've heard of his recent shows, this should be a cracker!

Oh yeah, thats probably it. The only time I've been to a gig in the RDS it was Neil Young & Pearl Jam in Simmonscourt. They had a few cracking tunes on Mirror Ball that I reckon Crazy Horse would do a better job of

What are the stands like for a gig like this?
I mean there's a trade-off: visibility and comfort in the stands (with a seat allocation, so you can turn up whenever you want) vs. the feeling of being to far away and not down in the funk of the crowd.
What do any of you think?

14095s_a.gif

What are the stands like for a gig like this?
I mean there's a trade-off: visibility and comfort in the stands (with a seat allocation, so you can turn up whenever you want) vs. the feeling of being to far away and not down in the funk of the crowd.
What do any of you think?

14095s_a.gif

It's a Saturday evening in June so it's handy enough to do whatever boozing/eating you need to do early and get down the front, even if that means standing round for a while waiting. Burrowing towards the front should be handy enough also with a slightly older crowd. Many of whom I assume will be sat outside Paddy Cullen's and the like for the afternoon. I live about 500m away so it'll be cans in my gaff or the park and then in nice and early. I saw him, seated, in Hammersmith Apollo in 2008 and when he started rocking out, the irresistible urge to stand up and groove along meant a lot of awkward dancing in a seated area, if you know what I mean.
There was no such problems a few months previously in Vienna as the venue was mainly used for theatre and classical music so there was about 3 security men and nothing to stop everyone getting up out of their seats and rushing to the front of the stage. The floor started bouncing up and down, (it was on the first floor of the building), and it was genuinely terrifying. I was sure it'd give way. A great night.
So, my basic point iss, I think, that when he rips into the third minute of the solo of Like A Hurricane, you will want to be as close to the stage as possible, and comfort be damned.

You rich bastards.

No way I can afford a ticket until after the Christmas. All my spare cash this week is going on remote-controlled cars, whiskey and gift vouchers.

You rich bastards.

No way I can afford a ticket until after the Christmas. All my spare cash this week is going on remote-controlled cars, whiskey and gift vouchers.

I think I lost the run of myself a bit this morning. Ah well I've never seen him and probably never will again.

Everyone's getting a CD or a book off me this year, Kindles and Spotify be damned!

well, that was expensive.

but you know what, fuck it. merry christmas chris d you handsome prick.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Extra tickets released, Los Lobos added to the line up and custom digital Neil Young Radio Station announced.

Extra tickets from €60 released for June 15 date at the RDS. Extra tickets will go on sale this Friday 19 April at 9am

Details announced of custom digital Neil Young radio station, created by Radio Nova,
featuring non-stop music from Neil Young & Crazy Horse 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Aiken Promotions have announced that extra tickets are being released for Neil Young & Crazy Horse at the RDS this June. The tickets, priced from €60 will go on sale this Friday 19 April at 9am from usual outlets. It has been announced that Los Lobos will also perform at the RDS on 15 June, featuring a lineup which has remained uninterrupted since 1984, when saxophonist/keyboardist Steve Berlin joined original members Pérez, Hidalgo, Rosas and Lozano, each of who had been there since the beginning in 1973.
“This is what happens when five guys create a magical sound, then stick together for 30 years to see how far it can take them,” wrote Rolling Stone, and indeed, Los Lobos is a band that continually redefines itself and expands its scope with each passing year. More than three decades have passed since they released their debut album, Just Another Band from East L.A. Since then they’ve repeatedly disproven that title - Los Lobos isn’t “just another” anything, but rather a band that has consistently evolved artistically while never losing sight of their humble roots.
In an Irish 'first', Radio Nova has created a custom digital Neil Young radio station. The channel, which will be available from the Radio Nova iPhone app, www.nova.ie, and all Internet radios, will feature non-stop music from Neil Young & Crazy Horse, broadcast 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The Radio Nova iPhone app currently has over 170,000 users.

The hotly anticipated performance by Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Dublin’s RDS Arena on Saturday 15 June follows the positive reviews that greeted the recent expansive double-album ‘Psychedelic Pill’, and their recent tour of Australia and New Zealand.

‘Psychedelic Pill’ opens with ‘Driftin’ Back’, a gripping, 27-minute epic which starts with an acoustic intro (the only section of the album which was recorded in Kamuela, Hawaii) before it pokes down pathways that have been hinted at before, but never fully explored. Jesus, the Maharishi and Picasso make appearances in the song, Young noting how the images and messages associated with them are invariably corrupted or misconstrued. And, he fears, his own message and art have been corrupted and diminished by the very technology that has made it more accessible.

Two other songs on the album touch in similarly expansive musical territory, the elegiac ode ‘Ramada Inn’ and the spirited prayer of ‘Walk Like A Giant’. Other highlights include ‘Born in Ontario’ which offers further detail and new perspectives to the explicitly autobiographical thread that winds back to ‘Helpless’; ‘Twisted Road’ is a joyous thank-you note to some of the others who inspired (and continue to inspire) him, with Bob Dylan (“Like Hank Williams chewin’ bubble gum / Askin’ me ‘How does it feel’”) at the fore; and the title track is phased, swirling stomp in which he honours the rock ‘n’ roll spirit at its most pure.

i wish i could afford this or any gig over 20euro for that matter...
......... thumped giveaway eh? EH!?

That's up to the promoter, not me.

Typically they don't want to do them for sold out - or guaranteed to sell out - gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back