Narcos (1 Viewer)

Repelies

This is a brilliant show from Netflix about Colombian drug baron Pablo Escobar. I'm on the third episode right now, it is entertaining and addictive viewing. Anyone else watching?

I've been plagued with ads for it, must give it a try. Does it glamourise the whole drug dealer thing or just state it as it is? Read an article earlier on the Kray twins movie that was quite scathing of movies, books and TV shows that play down the shitty side of criminality and it got me thinking.

I've been plagued with ads for it, must give it a try. Does it glamourise the whole drug dealer thing or just state it as it is? Read an article earlier on the Kray twins movie that was quite scathing of movies, books and TV shows that play down the shitty side of criminality and it got me thinking.

Its terrificly entertaining and well acted. Escobar comes across as a charismatic dude in the show but thats how he was supposed to be like in real life. You find yourself almost rooting for him but I suspect that that will quickly change as the body count racks up. Give it a go, the first episode is a cracker and sets the tone for the rest of the series.

I watched it all over about 3 days. It is excellent but somewhat patchy in parts. The actor playing Escobar does a fantastic job but I think some of the other characters, especially the main DEA one are weak and badly performed. It is still a very interesting show and it is great to go back and untangle fact from fiction, much of what you see is based quite heavily on fact which makes it all the more mind-boggling and interesting. I'd give the series a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 and look forward to the 2nd series.

It is still a very interesting show and it is great to go back and untangle fact from fiction, much of what you see is based quite heavily on fact which makes it all the more mind-boggling and interesting.
It's almost like a bunch of Wikipedia vignettes. Complete with real-life photos and video.
I'm enjoying it, but I have already heard the Escobar story more than once.

This was an outstanding watch
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, this is the thing with legislating for morality. You hand a lucrative career path to killers, thugs and thieves.
Selling drugs isn't so bad in itself, but all the death that goes with it is, obviously.
All the scumbags that get glamourised in this new Johnny Depp movie. Ugh.

That's what made that movie A Most Dangerous Year so refreshing. It showed a guy on the receiving end of gangsters and fighting back.

I thought it was enjoyable and they must have spent some wad of cash making it. It's basically a TV version of that Johnny Depp movie Blow complete with Scorcese style voice-over etc. It's grand. Made me want to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez's book about the kidnappings.

Yeah, this is the thing with legislating for morality. You hand a lucrative career path to killers, thugs and thieves.
Selling drugs isn't so bad in itself, but all the death that goes with it is, obviously.
All the scumbags that get glamourised in this new Johnny Depp movie. Ugh.

That's what made that movie A Most Dangerous Year so refreshing. It showed a guy on the receiving end of gangsters and fighting back.

Johnny Depp is ugh generally. What's the movie though? I trust he'll be playing his usual stock character.
Back to the other issue- if people are gullible enough to buy into the glamour and hype there's not a lot can be done for them. I didn't feel Narcos played it up too much, the character of Escobar certainly has presence but his ruthlessness isn't avoided. A good, and probably difficult, balancing act

Johnny Depp is ugh generally. What's the movie though? I trust he'll be playing his usual stock character.
Back to the other issue- if people are gullible enough to buy into the glamour and hype there's not a lot can be done for them. I didn't feel Narcos played it up too much, the character of Escobar certainly has presence but his ruthlessness isn't avoided. A good, and probably difficult, balancing act
Black Mass. Johnny is Oscar fishing, I think.

Watched the first one. Voice over was completely redundant and the freeze frames were arbitrarily placed having been stolen from Goodfellas.

Escobar actor was great!

SHould I watch more Bernie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back