Nailerz - stroke of genius (1 Viewer)

I dont understand the point that your trying to make in the first part of your statement (maybe Nailerz rap style is rubbing off on you?) so I cant answer to that but as for the second point I never defended his music credentials and said as much.
I just stated that I think peoples reactions have been based on alot more than his musical ability.

my statement was simply "i don't care where he's from, i just think his music is made of catshit"
:rolleyes:

my statement was simply "i don't care where he's from, i just think his music is made of catshit"
:rolleyes:

My post wasnt in relation to his musical abilities and was simply highlighting the fact that some people have reacted very aggressively to the article in HP and that I believe many of those who have reacted to the article have done so because of the fact that HP have had the cheek to given someone from the gutter a platform to air their views.

For the record though.........
1. I am not a fan of rap music and Im certainly not a fan of Nailerz rap music.
2. I cant identify with and dont agree with the views he expresses in the article.

I think in the interest of full disclosure it should be pointed out that Lympog was runner up in the Knacker Baiting Champions League 2006 finals.

He walked away with a tidy sum on that one too.

it's probably worth arguing that the fact that he (and others) are turning to music as a form of expression is quite possibly a positive thing...

of course one could also argue that lyrical glorification of violence, gang 'culture' and posing in a national publication with a shotgun is a very negative thing.

but... it's not our reality is it, so all this shit probably seems rediculous to us. comical, even. I dunno how much he's bigging himself up or whatever, but the thing is, people... young people, teenagers, in places limerick and dublin and other places are hopelessly caught up in drug related and gang activity and they are carrying guns around with them, and they're obviously shooting at each other on a regular basis. people are being caught with desert eagles, ak47s etc. not so comical if you had to live with that shit. there's madness going on in some estates around the country that we can't even imagine.

fucked up. and people like nailerz who come from underdeveloped neglected slums like moyross, or st. mary's park or I'm sure many places in dublin and around the country are just a product of this.

and hot press want to make a goon out of him and in the process hopefully sell some magazines on the back of an endless feud that's killing people, fucking up people's lives and communities and continually dragging the name 'limerick' through a pool of shit. nice one.

we probably shouldn't be laughing at him, we should be wondering how the fuck the places in which these people live were allowed rot away to such a state. and how to stop it, instead of allow it get worse and worse. of course, that's easier said than done innit.

he might want to work on his flow though...

Spooky - just reading this thread and my free copy of hot press landed on my desk.
reading it now.. unbelievably patronising. also fairly disturbing in places i guess.

sorry... terrible joke. I'd also like to point out that the boom boom was not the sound of small arms fire.

I heard a REALLY bad joke yesterday, something along the lines of c colon backslash darth vader something something luke I am your folder. truly awful.

WOW.

458264022a7085434060l.jpg

hot press: "nice one, two more dead bodies in limerick, let's put this guy posing with a shotgun in the next edition and sell some more copies of our piece of shit rag. and who cares if we paint limerick the brownest shade of shit in the process!?"

wankers

They're been dragging shit music through the mud to the forefront of Irish music society for years - why should they stop now!
Hopefully State will give em a run for their money - nothing like a bit of competition.
Bring back Foggy Notions!!

I've read the interview in Easons, no way i'm handing over money to HP.

Had a listen there. It's very funny. The music on my name is nailerz is good, nice loop. But Irish people rapping just don't work for me.

and hot press want to make a goon out of him and in the process hopefully sell some magazines on the back of an endless feud that's killing people, fucking up people's lives and communities and continually dragging the name 'limerick' through a pool of shit. nice one.

This is basically what it boils down to if you ask me - not the music or how good/bad it is etc...its basically down to a publication - like all the newspapers i guess- holding someone up on a pedestal to sell their mag and glorifying a situation thats far from glorious.
I lived literally across the road from Kileely for a year years back - not a very nice place to live, although the blackmarket goods available down the road spared our pockets a few quid.

People walking out of the Belltable during he's gig and giving out about how vulgar it was...they were takin out of their comfort zone - same people would'nt even consider or possibly care about whats going on as they pass Garryowen or Southhill - all they'd care about was that there car doors were securely locked as they passed.

myself and paul mahood met this guy once, at a pub in limerick, oddly enough the venue room of which eachtra and united bible studies were playing a gig at the time (though i doubt very much he had turned up to see them play!). he was hard to forget, seeing as he had "NAILERZ" tattooed on his stomach. he was actually friendly enough, though i really struggled to understand his accent, he did mention he was a rapper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back