Nailerz - stroke of genius (3 Viewers)

I love how confused his message is.
He raps about how the fighting has to stop.
But then also has a "skit" about going to stab someone.

Somone needs to invent a word for something that is simultaneously funny and frightening. Scarelarious?

458264022a7380335485l.gif

He was on a radio talk show (96FM) on Cork this morning. To put it in perspective, big hitters on the stations play-list include Spandau Ballet, Phil Collins and their ilk. The shows presenter, Neil Prendervile is like a Cork version of Joe Duffy. He had Nailerz on for half an hour.

Sample quote...

Nailerz: Me and the bure had a kid about four weeks ago. We were told not to have another kid for a while after our last one died.

Prendervile: My god, that's awful, I'm sorry...

Nailerz: No worries. I got her knocked up anyway about two weeks after she got back from the hospital.

He also made more referencing to stabbing people in the ass.

Im nearly after falling off me chair reading that quote.
Funniest thing Iv read in a while.
Hope their a podcast of the interview doing the rounds somewhere. .|..|

On a more serious note Im still undecided how I feel about the whole "Nailerz thing".

Yes I think HP have exploited the chap.
He obviously isnt the brightest spark in the fire and his music, indeed the philosophy behind his music certainly dont warrent a four page spread.
It may even have put him or members of his extended family in jeopardy (depends on how true his story actually is I suppose).

On the other hand the storm it has caused online has again showed up a considerable proportion of Irelands online community (which is a reasonably good snapshot of Irish sociaty in general) as snobish and class based and for that HP should be congratulated.

Sample quote...

Nailerz: Me and the bure had a kid about four weeks ago. We were told not to have another kid for a while after our last one died.

Prendervile: My god, that's awful, I'm sorry...

Nailerz: No worries. I got her knocked up anyway about two weeks after she got back from the hospital.

He also made more referencing to stabbing people in the ass.

again it would seem
:rolleyes:

i had a listen to a couple of his choonz and i do believe that nailerz is the worst irsh thing i've heard since the Gudmen and Silvertrail

:eek:
leigh

Haha! I used to be in school with the guys in Silvertrail and played in a band with one of the guys for a while. I kind of missed out on their rise from garage band to being a band that gets paid for gigs but two things struck me the next time I saw them:
1. How they had morphed from a NOFX worshipping type punk band to a slick hits machine
2. How the guys I had known in school had morphed into idiots

That is all...

Haha! I used to be in school with the guys in Silvertrail and played in a band with one of the guys for a while. I kind of missed out on their rise from garage band to being a band that gets paid for gigs but two things struck me the next time I saw them:
1. How they had morphed from a NOFX worshipping type punk band to a slick hits machine
2. How the guys I had known in school had morphed into idiots

That is all...

they sound like counting crows now

that is all...
:D
leigh

On the other hand the storm it has caused online has again showed up a considerable proportion of Irelands online community (which is a reasonably good snapshot of Irish sociaty in general) as snobish and class based and for that HP should be congratulated.
Ah me arse. No-one is slagging the guy because of his class

Im nearly after falling off me chair reading that quote.
Funniest thing Iv read in a while.
Hope their a podcast of the interview doing the rounds somewhere. .|..|

On a more serious note Im still undecided how I feel about the whole "Nailerz thing".

Yes I think HP have exploited the chap.
He obviously isnt the brightest spark in the fire and his music, indeed the philosophy behind his music certainly dont warrent a four page spread.
It may even have put him or members of his extended family in jeopardy (depends on how true his story actually is I suppose).

bullshit,
i've not brought up his class or where's from anywhere. he's getting knocked because his output is so unbelievably awful - the word 'shit' is not enough justice

working class scum!

I dont understand the point that your trying to make in the first part of your statement (maybe Nailerz rap style is rubbing off on you?) so I cant answer to that but as for the second point I never defended his music credentials and said as much.
I just stated that I think peoples reactions have been based on alot more than his musical ability.

bullshit,
i've not brought up his class or where's from anywhere. he's getting knocked because his output is so unbelievably awful - the word 'shit' is not enough justice

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back