My lifelong gig ticket collection. Give me some love. (2 Viewers)

Ciaran Mackle said:
Dude I never wanna see a ticketmaster ticket ever again or I'll shoot myself.

ah, like a rabbit in the headlights....

You know what's gonna happen now right? :)

Ciaran Mackle said:
WHAT WHAT WHAT?

People are just gonna post pics of Ticketmaster Tickets just to piss you off. Instead I'll post this for you...

steveandlester.jpg

'fraid not.
wish I had seen them but would need a time machine

yours is pretty sizeable. I used keep mine - in the days of pre-Ticketmaster, when you went to a shop to buy a ticket and they used be in different colours. Orange, red, yellow, blue, green, white, cream etc

Orange Cure ticket with silvery, spidery writing for the RDS 1989 - best gig ever

I can't believe you went to see the frames so many times. Not just that, but that fuckin hansard twat aswell.

Seen them in Connollys of Leap a few years ago. Gig was seriously dragging due to yer man's habit of telling stories longer than the songs. Went for a men's break and turned to the fella next to me and said "christ, he'll be reading us his bank statements next" and yer man turned to me and almost sobbed "it's grand for you, i'm one of their roadies".

True story.

THRILLHO said:
Ever take count of how much money you've given U2 and cry?

Not so much U2, but I'd be frightened to go down through the tickets with a calculator and see what the final tally is. Very frightened.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I have a ticket somewhere at home for sonic youth with Nirvana supporting from 91 in cork. I didn't go myself mind, the brother went, but i can pretend..:)

as soon as anyone claims they were at that gig or the Top Hat one the following night, a load of people come out and accuse them of lying.:rolleyes:

If everyone who claimed to attend the SY/N 91 gigs was a liar then NO ONE would have been there.

Which wasn't the case.

Well, i wasn't there but i know the brother was because we have the ticket at home.

Tell you what though, we saw one of the tickets for that gig in the buy and sell about three years ago for 300 quid. Madness.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Well, i wasn't there but i know the brother was because we have the ticket at home.

Tell you what though, we saw one of the tickets for that gig in the buy and sell about three years ago for 300 quid. Madness.

that's my point and I believe you.
It seems to be fashionable to shout 'liar' at anyone who claims to have been there.

Tickets for the Nirvana/Sebadoh/Raincoats gig of 8 April 1994 used sell for major money a while back. Maybe they still do. I brought mine back as soon as it was called off as I needed the money - was in college at the time. Did the same when they cancelled the McGonagles Dec 1991 gig. Didn't see the long-term investment opportunity potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back