My lifelong gig ticket collection. Give me some love. (1 Viewer)

Ok, here's a (slightly more) serious question. Which is more annoying? A musical luddite who holds fast to a view that only unadulterated 'natural' sounds count as 'music', or a total techno-geek, who sees no point in anything 'analogue', unless sampled for 'ironic' whimsy?

I can't decide.

Also, why am I 'using' so many 'inverted commas'?

wrafter said:
From a person with a username shared by the first song from the last album of a man who couldn't control his own anger and lost his life because of it.

Stunning stunning song though.
guilty, m'lud! Just sayin your slogan sounded like it was learnt off or something. Tis a fine song indeed.

Ironic liking is actually fine. Liking because you think you should is worse. Not liking because you think you shouldn't is fine also. Any reason to not like a band is fine. But you should only like them for good reasons.

Is it bad to stop liking a band cos they got more popular? Can't really justify it, but it happens all the time.

cool site, I was thinking of doing something similiar a while back but never got around to it. It means less when you start going to gigs without tickets, or start getting generic tickets or blagging in for free.

I have some beautys though. Metallica supported by Anthrax, Def Leppard for £4! Ozzy in McGonagles .... ah

i'm so unnostalgic. I've lost all my ticket stubs over the years. even my brainspattered nirvana dublin gig ticket. moving house/flat is a bitch.

Wilbert said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold it right there mister! Def Leppard?!?!? Ozzy?!?!?

I know you were young at the time but you should keep this to yourself!

Now where did I put those Thompson Twins and Nik Kershaw tickets of mine.

Ozzy was in the 90s. I think.

Wilbert said:
Fair enough, but c'mon, RIVERDANCE?!?!?!

You got some explaining to do!

You can't expect to be taken seriously if you thought Riverdance was something you had to see live.

My girlfriend's Spanish parents were in town. And therefore... I went. And paid for four of the damn things too.

Actually it shouldn't be there. It's the only non-gig related ticket in the collection. I didn't put in my football tickets, theatre events, musicals, and Cirque du Soleil experiences... so why Riverdance got in I'm not sure.

But by golly I'm standing behind it now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back