My lifelong gig ticket collection. Give me some love. (1 Viewer)

wrafter said:
Speaking of which, what's the most valuable music-related item, object, token or novelty you have in your possession?

I've got the first Radiohead CD single = "Drill". I see it selling for over US$500 on GEMM: http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=RADIOHEAD&title=DRILL

None of mine would be valued financially at anything approaching their worth to me.

* I have a birthday card from Motorhead's Phil Cambell, which says something like, "I don't know you, but I hear you're a filthy bitch, so if I met you I'd probably try to cum on your tits."

* Somewhere among my possessions is an AC/DC novelty exploding golf ball.

* I have a No Rest for the Wicked tour T-shirt that belonged to Ozzy Osbourne. Someone I know met him and remarked that I was a huge Sabbath fan, so he gave her the shirt to give to me.

* My trip to Russia was mainly to locate and purchase a set of Kiss nesting dolls. I had never heard of any, but I decided that they must exist, that if there was any justice, any love, any humanity in this world, there would be such a thing as a Kiss nesting doll. And, friends, I had to scour every single gift shop and souvenir stand, weed through nesting dolls of anything and everything you could imagine, and then one beautiful afternoon by the River Neva, my friend Chris came running at me, shouting, "They exist! You were right!" I didn't even bother to haggle.

nlgbbbblth said:
Tickets for the Nirvana/Sebadoh/Raincoats gig of 8 April 1994 used sell for major money a while back. Maybe they still do.

I still have one of these! I did a quick search there, saw one on eBay for £120 sterling. 0 bids.

Rare Stuff:Eh, some Nirvana CD worth a bit of cash.
One of these which i understand is worth a bit of cash.
Also some NOFX vinyl which i understand are worth a bit.
Actually, i've been told by people i have quite a bit of rare vinyl, like nevermind and in utero (each going for about fifty or sixty quid on ebay). I just never bother valuing these things...

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Rare Stuff:Eh, some Nirvana CD worth a bit of cash.
One of these which i understand is worth a bit of cash.
Also some NOFX vinyl which i understand are worth a bit.
Actually, i've been told by people i have quite a bit of rare vinyl, like nevermind and in utero (each going for about fifty or sixty quid on ebay). I just never bother valuing these things...

I would be surprised if standard UK/US vinyl pressings of Nevermind and In Utero LPs are worth anything more than €15. Are yours non UK/US?
The 12" picture discs would be more collectable I would have thought.
I still have the Love Buzz 7".

Still there's no accounting for what people will pay for things on ebay.

wrafter said:
I happen to like The Frames. What can I say? It's all personal taste, isn't it?

You like the Frames, and you went to Riverdance. If I was you I wouldn't be putting that sort of filth on the internet.

...personal taste n'all, yeah, I know. Isn't it dreadful...

wrafter said:
Speaking of which, what's the most valuable music-related item, object, token or novelty you have in your possession?

I've got the first Radiohead CD single = "Drill". I see it selling for over US$500 on GEMM: http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=RADIOHEAD&title=DRILL

I think i've said this before. GEMM can not and should not ever be used for realistic valuations of records. The drill ep is also up on gemm for $385, and that's still way over the odds for it.
GEMM prices are determined by greedy, stupid record shop people who haven't a clue what they're on about most of the time.

wrafter said:

many signed lps, cds and original artworks by coil, nurse with wound, current 93.
you'ld be surprised how much they are worth!

São Paulo Punk said:
You like the Frames, and you went to Riverdance. If I was you I wouldn't be putting that sort of filth on the internet.

...personal taste n'all, yeah, I know. Isn't it dreadful...

If you can't make space for my taste, I refuse to make space for you opinion - move over.

Here's a puzzler. What is the worst: liking a band that is uncool to like (as in, has not been endorsed or otherwise validated by one's desired or current peer group), or pretending you don't like them just so people won't think you're uncool? Or pretending that you like the 'uncool' band only 'in an ironic way'? Or deciding that just because people you think are shit share your positive opinion of a band, you should just change your mind and get rid of the albums?

coast to coast said:
anger management classes?

From a person with a username shared by the first song from the last album of a man who couldn't control his own anger and lost his life because of it.

Stunning stunning song though.

jane said:
Here's a puzzler. What is the worst: liking a band that is uncool to like (as in, has not been endorsed or otherwise validated by one's desired or current peer group), or pretending you don't like them just so people won't think you're uncool?

i would say the latter is far worse. everyone has different tastes, all of them are equally valid. who cares if something is "uncool" if you like it? why let other peoples opinions on such a hugely subjective topic dictate what you enjoy?

Or pretending that you like the 'uncool' band only 'in an ironic way'?

i don't personally think that irony is ever an excuse. i mean, if you like some something, you like it and fair enough. if you need to say you appreciate something -like, say, certain chart pop music- "ironically", whats the point? i mean, i like plenty of music that other friends of mine think is shit. i'm not gonna let that bother me, and i dont feel i should have to justify or defend myself over it.

Or deciding that just because people you think are shit share your positive opinion of a band, you should just change your mind and get rid of the albums?

nah. just because people have similar tastes or opinions to you does not mean that you are going to like them or even get along with them.

an awful lot of people are far too precious about the music they like. yes, i appreciate that it means a lot to you, but that doesnt mean that i am going to like what you listen to, and vice-versa.

jane said:
Here's a puzzler. What is the worst: liking a band that is uncool to like (as in, has not been endorsed or otherwise validated by one's desired or current peer group), or pretending you don't like them just so people won't think you're uncool? Or pretending that you like the 'uncool' band only 'in an ironic way'? Or deciding that just because people you think are shit share your positive opinion of a band, you should just change your mind and get rid of the albums?

well, liking uncool bands is fine. its good to like cool bands as well though.

pretending you don't like them to preserve your image is bollocks.

the 'ironic like' is bollocks

Phil Collins has more talent in his little finger than The Frames do collectively.
Take Me Home - thank you MAESTRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back