My Exhibition - Traces Of The Real ... (1 Viewer)

Goldiejam -ah twas you! Monika told me someone was in this morning that knew me from the Internet. Sorry to have missed you .... And thanks for coming

Ann Post - probably not .......

Umfumfu - probably should yeah ....

Last day tomorrow!

no bother man, more of this kind of stuff!

One question though? What made you go for the digital prints versus darkroom prints?

no bother man, more of this kind of stuff!

One question though? What made you go for the digital prints versus darkroom prints?

Bunch of different reasons I suppose. Mostly convenience though if I am being honest. I didn't fancy days and days of making darkroom prints ..... having to hire the Gallery Of Photography room .... buy paper ..... etc etc. There was also going to a limit as to how big I could make them in the darkroom. I had a guy to print them digitally for me which, when I tried it out, gave really great results. I also wanted to mount/laminate rather than frame and I'm not sure how well that would work with darkroom prints/papers. Finally there are one or two shots in there (actually now that I think about it only one I think) that were created by compositing together two or three different scanned negatives and it would have been really difficult to do that in a darkroom (not impossible but beyond my ability).

Actually that makes a LOT of sense to digitize them, now that you mention all those factors, the mounts themsleves look class.

this was fantastic. well done Hugh. nice to meet you as well!

Ah right .... That was you! Do you know I thought you were someone completely different? ..... Anyway thanks for coming along .....

Hey,Just to remind ye all the exhibition is still on upstairs in The Workmans until July 25th so you still have a chance to catch it ...Also I am talking at an event that Naomi McCardle has organised at the Centre For Creative Practices on Thursday night. It's about music photography and myself and Loreanna Rushe and Naomi are talking, a bunch of other people are exhibiting and some others are playing (including Drunken Boat). It's on at 7 until 10, free in, byob.http://www.cfcp.ie/photography/index.html#talksFacebook event thungy here ...http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194478690599224I've no idea what I am going to say though ... Officially starting to freak out about it.

All that formatting went wrong up there ... Screw it I'll fix it tomorrow

I love how I have never seen this thread before. Judging by the dates I was up to my neck with college at all the important bits. Might check this out later. Ps. Well done Hugh.

Exhibition in the Workmans was supposed to finish today but is actually on until Friday so ye still have time. Here's one that's not in the exhibition. It's new .. Squarehead in the Button Factory opening for Black Lips a while ago. And being much better than Black Lips by the way.

squarehead.jpg

Exhibition coming down tomorrow .. tonight is your last chance ...

explain that santino??? I've made about 3 attempts to catch this exhibition while doing work in dublin on 20 hours stays but couldnt make it and its 160 miles from my house. i'd like to see it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back