Musicians wanted for Steely Dan cover band. (1 Viewer)

the cider man

Hi, we're looking for some musicians to join up with us for a Steely Dan tribute act with an aim to gig regularly and do the odd tour.

So far we have:
A Drummer,
A Bassist,
A Keyboardist/Pianist
A Lead Singer, and,
A Backing Singer.

We Need:
A Lead Guitarist,
A Rhythm Guitarist,
A Female Backing Singer,
And some Random Horn Players.

We usually rehearse once a week (might bump that up to two when the pace picks up) in Dublin City Centre.

We're all of varying ages and musical backgrounds but share a common love of Steely Dan.

If you are interested or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on this thread. Alternatively you can PM me or send me an e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!

Does the van contain:
A Lead Guitarist, A Rhythm Guitarist, A Female Backing Singer, and some Random Horn Players who want to play in a Steely Dan cover band? Well it doesn't matter if they want to play in the band or not, we could abduct them............

Did you ever see The Wind Machine? They used to play mainly Steely Dan, Tower of Power and Stevie Wonder covers and were amazing. Usually played only once or twice a year (usually in Whelans) but their last gig was a couple of years ago.

I know the drummer well so I'll ask if any of the rest of them are longing for the olde days...

portrid said:
Did you ever see The Wind Machine? They used to play mainly Steely Dan, Tower of Power and Stevie Wonder covers and were amazing. Usually played only once or twice a year (usually in Whelans) but their last gig was a couple of years ago.

I know the drummer well so I'll ask if any of the rest of them are longing for the olde days...

Never saw them Portrid, they sound pretty good though, nice mix of music there.

If you could do that for us, that would be brilliant and much appreciated!

Okay...it's been a while but things are coming together....

Musicians in:
A Drummer,
A Bassist,
A Keyboardist/Pianist
A Lead Singer,
2 Backing Singers.
A Lead Guitarist
A Saxophonist.

We've done a couple of low key gigs that went really well but we still need a couple of members, namely:
A rhythm guitarist and a trumpet player.
We're really desperate for a second guitarist at this stage so if anyone knows anyone who can do it, please contact me asap!
Cheers!

the cider man said:
Does the van contain:
A Lead Guitarist, A Rhythm Guitarist, A Female Backing Singer, and some Random Horn Players who want to play in a Steely Dan cover band? Well it doesn't matter if they want to play in the band or not, we could abduct them............

Lol, that sounds like something Donald or Walter would writhe. Perhaps you're one of them and trying to take the piss in true steely dan style. Anyway best of luck with the search. Were any of you guys in the Fez? If not that guitarist is probably still knocking about somewhere, he had walters posture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back