Music for Babies (1 Viewer)

aaaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic...

The young fellah now appears to be enamored by the sounds of Mum, Yesterday was dramatic, Today its OK.

Ironically driving his mum mad

"The Mozart Effect" is on now... Such a bullshit way to repackage old public domain recordings and sell them for a fucked up price.

Naxos recordings are still dirt cheap right? I have a rake of them on tape that I got for half nuthin years ago

classical music

- how do you know which version to buy?

Yeah, its a minefield. I use the Internet for advice. EMI Classics has a great series of "Great Recordings of the Century" http://www.emiclassics.com/groc.php

I bought Beethoven's Ninth (Wilhelm Furtwangler) in Tower a few years ago (it had a recommended sticker on it). The girl behind the counter almost talked me into selling it back to her, cause it was their last copy and she really wanted it! It was one of the EMI classic recordings. It sounds AMAZING! I later bought his 5th & 7th by Otto Klemperer (Philharmonia 1955 Mono). Its an EMI Classic too and also sounds amazing.

So EMI Classic recordings seems the way to go...

Amazon also give pretty good reviews, like this..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/PIMO74V323/?tag=thumpedcom-20

The slow movement in the Ninth is completely beautiful and will send the kids to sleep every time..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back