music DVD's (1 Viewer)

don't get man with a movie camera, for reasons i will explain at football this weekend, and just to undercut myself, koyaanisqatsi and powaqqatsi double set. nothing like a bit of glas.

righteous harmony said:
there's a good cheep dvd of new order in new york in the early 80s but it has some horrible stuff from the 90s when they're fat and useless...
Doh forgot about that one, that gig in new york is incredible. 81 I think it is. Though I really like the reading festival stuff too, what with me still liking them, being there, and that being the weekend I first met herself.

i wish there was a dvd of the first time me and ivan met
love40038.gif

andrew

the bongo said:
don't get man with a movie camera, for reasons i will explain at football this weekend.

Wah???!!!
Out of all the lists made here....it rates as a pretty damn fine visual experience.
If you have ANY interest in sounds & film - its a must see.

DVD`s of bands playing live/concerts are a dime a dozen really.

But of course you may be saying not to buy it cause you have it already and want to burn him a copy.Yes thats it!.:)

I would`nt mind checking out the Galazie 500 dvd myself, also the Fela Kuti DVD which looks great, but is a bit pricey i think.

Theres a new MC5 dvd out - anyone check it out?

The Truth about De-Evolution by DEVO.
Elvis _ The '68 Comeback Special
The Last Waltz
Beatles Anthology

Don't bother with the Sonic Youth one, pretty dissapointing and avoid the Weezer one at all costs.

Oh and 'The Beach Boys- The Lost Concert' (1964).

It's priced at around a tenner 'cos it clocks in at only 20mins. worth getting if for nothing else just to see Mike Love skipping about on stage in his pointy penguin shoes and smacking his ass along to 'Long Tall Texan' like the big goofy gobshit that he is.

anyone mention REM Tour Film? that's cool.

I have a DVD of the Old Grey Whistle Test (a pressie from Lizzy). Its wicked, some god awful (but compelling) prog rock, roxy music doing the strand and xtc

Also have the Warp DVD. Watched it once, would never watch it again... (except for I love Acid ; )...)good to have I suppose... the mix cd is alright... not great though

Wheels: DEL 9 should release a DVD...

you can't beat Lightning Bolts The Power Of Salad (And Milkshakes). Even if you're not a fan, it's a pretty amazing live/tour diary/interview type dvd experience. I saw it in Virgin in Cork for 25 euro, so i s'pose it's up there too

that lightning bolt dvds very cool.
i got the load records one today which im just assuming is going to be good too.
wolf eyes,lightning bolt,neon hunk and some others im looking forward to hearing on it

the load dvd = the paper rad dvd
artist guys - one of them did a video on the lightning bolt dvd. guy from olneyville sound system / vincebus eruptum did the other.
videos are funny / dumb / kindathrowaway
but i've already watched it more than the lightning bolt one (and i've had that for around 2 years now). good to throw on for people. disembodied wolf arms. bart simpson dancing. alf. audio cd too and playing cards. leave it on the menu for a while and see dan st. jacques run into a crowd of people in flames. press the f25 key.

the friends forever dvd (which pantone should really return to me!) is easily the best band documentary ever! funny, sad, funny, sad, troma.
yers,
carnisaur

ps - the michigan fest dvd is rubbish - sound is some of the deadest shit ever and most of the bands are boring beyond all belief. except for arab on radar. the inbetween band bits aren't funny either.

nlgbbbblth said:
I was just thinking of that one, comes with a live CD too
naturally is not in any the Dublin shops I have checked in:(
So have I ,the cd is the music from the dvd as far as I know,there's also an interview on it I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back