music documentaries (2 Viewers)

I’ve never really listened to anything by Adam Ant apart from the big hits. I like Prince Charming but mainly the cover Xiu Xiu did with Larsen.
I was expecting a recommendation, not a cancellation. I guess the mixtape I was going to make of all King Crimson’s best live performances (1969-74) will not be received well, then? 😞

I was expecting a recommendation, not a cancellation. I guess the mixtape I was going to make of all King Crimson’s best live performances (1969-74) will not be received well, then? 😞

A bit later on but this one is unreal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was expecting a recommendation, not a cancellation
You should have known better! Ah God, what to say about Adam Ant...

If you want to hear the early punk stuff go with the BBC Sessions, it's probably the easiest to find across the few singles and loads of
demos that exist from back then. They had a good sound and a big following but barely released anything at the time.

If you want the post-punk stuff go with the first album, Dirk Wears White Sox, it's very recognizably a 1979 post-punk album, without sounding specifically like anyone else.

If you want to hear the pop stuff start with Kings of the Wild Frontier, 1980. Of course the thing with Adam is, the "pop" stuff is probably the most out there of all of it: John Barry themes backed by Glitter Band and Burundi drumming, mixed with acres of Mick Ronson inspired feedback that suddenly shifts into spaghetti western solos. Like, it's not the standard recipe for pop success!

I guess the mixtape I was going to make of all King Crimson’s best live performances (1969-74) will not be received well, then? 😞
Go on then!

This is probably the best cheaply available single cd intro, although it's as bewildering as anything else

A bit later on but this one is unreal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While I’d definitely go see them if they came here, the modern KC sound less and less like a rock band and more like a guitar tech trade show. Loads of mannered technical proficiency but none of the power or danger of 70s Crimson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back