Munster Hurling Final Thread (1 Viewer)

Tipperary fans are a bunch of boney arsed bogtrotters. The Clare end was very well behaved. And quiet.

Noticed a lot of young lads shitfaced alright though. Clare were gash.

I dunno Scutter. A lad from my hometown is involved this year, and all the reports back is that they are really not getting carried away with anything - to use a cliche, it's all just "stepping stones". Tipp people are realistic if nothing else; I can't see us getting swept along with the same hype as say Limerick last year.

I think pitch invasions are the norm these days, particularly if it takes a team 7 years to win something. To put it into perspective, I was working in a restaurant seven years ago in Canada when they beat Limerick, so you'd have to go back to 1993 when I last witnessed them winning a munster championship.

At the end of the day, nobody gave the majority of the same players any chance 12 months ago of turning it around as well this year, and i don't think anyone would begrudge them celebrating that

I would agree with you that the Munster Championship was very poor this year, and the standard was crap. Same as the Leinster championship. In essence, a bad championship full stop.

well one thing Tipp have the benefit of this year, as opposed to some of the last few jinnits they had in charge, is a grounded, sensible manager. Whatever it is about Tipp, over the last while the root of their troubles has always been infighting between lads from different clubs (mainly Toome), over disagreements with the management (the most famous being the bust-up at half-time of the all-Ireland semi against Kilkenny in 2003). The last time this wasn't going on was 2001 when English was in charge. That was surprising enough in itself when you consider the amount of lads whose noses must have been out of joint, given the rate of player turnover during the first couple of English years. In 2001 it all clicked into place. It seemed the players were willing to die for the manager, and they duly won the all-Ireland. That bodes well for this campaign, but I think they have a job on their hands shielding the players from the hype, moreso because of how young the panel is.

And I'm not sure about not giving these players a prayer looking at it 12 months ago. Tipp have been no slouches underage over the last 4-5 years. And a lot of that is down to the aforementioned Mr.Sheedy.

Tipperary fans are a bunch of boney arsed bogtrotters. The Clare end was very well behaved. And quiet.

Noticed a lot of young lads shitfaced alright though. Clare were gash.

all counties have their share of nackers. Tipp do seem to always have a good number at championship games (not a hope they'd be seen at league games). Who can forget the 'train incident' when the Carrick lads decided to take on the Cahir lads in a fight, and someone pulled the cord. I was at that game and was driving back through Cahir at the time, and remember seeing hordes of lads streaming down over a hill, from where the train line was.

But its not just a Tipp thing. Dublin have it too, probably way worse than most, but no county is immune, even Clare.

all counties have their share of nackers. Tipp do seem to always have a good number at championship games (not a hope they'd be seen at league games). Who can forget the 'train incident' when the Carrick lads decided to take on the Cahir lads in a fight, and someone pulled the cord. I was at that game and was driving back through Cahir at the time, and remember seeing hordes of lads streaming down over a hill, from where the train line was.

But its not just a Tipp thing. Dublin have it too, probably way worse than most, but no county is immune, even Clare.

Ah yeah. I was just needling Ciaran with some inter-county sabre rattling. There's hardcore bagel troglodytes in the fanbase of every county.

This double header at the weekend should be tasty. There's a bit of life in this Cork team yet, it'll be a good test for Galway. Waherfud should do the business too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back