Munster Hurling Final Thread (1 Viewer)

dont reckon it will be a great game, I think tipp will make shite of clare.

Alot of pride and passion in clare, Deserved winners against Limerick but not a great test for them (although a great test for me being stuck down the Clare end).
But they just dont look clinical enough.

Tipp on the other hand have being a joy to watch in the league this year, Class again Cork, just oozing with class.

Although Id love to see galway win it this year, if we dont get anywhere, Reckon well do offaly handy enough though!

I think they'll win it handy. I don't think Clare are any much better than they've been over the past few years. They've beaten a Waterford team that were in turmoil and a Limerick team that were never really any much good.

My worry for Tipp would be that they were so fit during the league that theres a danger of them peaking too soon. They'll win on sunday, but it will be interesting to see the level of performance.

And I wouldn't be getting overly excited about a Munster championship that passed off with the 2 best teams in it in rebuilding/decline mode.

And I wouldn't be getting overly excited about a Munster championship that passed off with the 2 best teams in it in rebuilding/decline mode.

sorry scutter; we are not talking about the two best teams of last year. We are talking about this year. If a team is in declining/rebuilding mode, that doesn't necessarily make them the best team anymore.

Waterford are finished if you ask me. They've had their chance.
Tipp and Cork are historically the two best teams. In recent years, they also have best underage records.

While I think Tipp are well up on Waterford this year, I'd be worried that Cork could come back to bite us on the ass yet.

sorry scutter; we are not talking about the two best teams of last year. We are talking about this year. If a team is in declining/rebuilding mode, that doesn't necessarily make them the best team anymore.

sorry dude, I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that I'd be looking more towards the bigger prize than necessarily just the Munster title, especially considering Tipp will probably win it at a canter.

Just saying that Tipp are in a position to have their sights set on more than just munster, and shouldn't be getting too excited to just win it.

Its hard to know what'll happen later in the summer, but Tipp should be well able for anyone, if they're as good as indications would have us believe. IMHO there are still major questions marks over Kilkenny (who will go into the semi-final cold as can be), and Galway, who are overhyping Joe Canning rather than putting more effort into solving other positional problems that could see them found out.

And Waterford could still have a major say in things yet. Seems they're gathering momentum down in the sunny south east since they got their new manager.

what a day!

even smashing my glasses in the terrace, and spilling a pint all over myself afterwards were more than worth it in the grand scheme of things!

its all a bit ridiculous though. A pitch invasion after a munster final. The sunday game at the team's hotel. Talk about getting carried away. All Tipp are short of is a homecoming in Liberty Square.

It was never like that back in the day, even when the Munster championship was competitive (lets face it, this year it was only marginally more competitive than the Leinster championship - only one team looked to be bothering, and they won).

Sheedy will have his work cut out keeping them grounded, with all the hype over this win.

its all a bit ridiculous though. A pitch invasion after a munster final. The sunday game at the team's hotel. Talk about getting carried away. All Tipp are short of is a homecoming in Liberty Square.

It was never like that back in the day, even when the Munster championship was competitive (lets face it, this year it was only marginally more competitive than the Leinster championship - only one team looked to be bothering, and they won).

Sheedy will have his work cut out keeping them grounded, with all the hype over this win.

I dunno Scutter. A lad from my hometown is involved this year, and all the reports back is that they are really not getting carried away with anything - to use a cliche, it's all just "stepping stones". Tipp people are realistic if nothing else; I can't see us getting swept along with the same hype as say Limerick last year.

I think pitch invasions are the norm these days, particularly if it takes a team 7 years to win something. To put it into perspective, I was working in a restaurant seven years ago in Canada when they beat Limerick, so you'd have to go back to 1993 when I last witnessed them winning a munster championship.

At the end of the day, nobody gave the majority of the same players any chance 12 months ago of turning it around as well this year, and i don't think anyone would begrudge them celebrating that

I would agree with you that the Munster Championship was very poor this year, and the standard was crap. Same as the Leinster championship. In essence, a bad championship full stop.

the television showed a mill / scuffles between Tipperary fans before the game.

Were you involved?

nope!! When the second goal went it, everyone jumped up, and then my glasses went four or five rows down the terrace. got them back, and despite a bit of cosmetic damage, all i needed to do was get new lenses in today.

By the way, those supporters sounded like absolutely scumbags. Loads of people seemed to be boozing on the terrace yesterday, some of them with plastic glasses straight from the pub. The fact they got through stewards and the turnstiles with them says a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back