mummys - when you were pregnant.... (2 Viewers)

La La

i drink your milkshake
did you have random people coming up and touching your tummy?
did friends?
were you cool with it or did you feel it was annoying and invasive?

was talking with a woman at work about it today and was just wondering. she personally didnt like when people would do it to her.

It's this kind of thing that makes old people creepy.

happened to girlfriend's sister all the time, freaked her out

Oldies try to suck life-force from the unborn. Just ask Stephen King, probably.

When my sis was pregnant with her first (and again now with her second) there is no way my Mum or I would touch her belly - unless she actually suggested we should to feel a kick or something... you wouldn't do it to a woman who wasn't pregnant would you?

Anyway, I witnessed sis slap at least three people very hard on the hand for being rude enough to make the attempt. Anyone who asked was told "no" quite politely.

fair enough if people ask. (i still wouldnt let them) if they just assume and jump right in - that's just rude. if my sis was pregnant im pretty sure she'd let me touch her tum and vice versa.

strangers....not so much.

but at the end of the day pregnancy is such a fascinating thing, i guess some people just want to get involved a little bit - they just forget that it's a person they;re touching, not some unfeeling vessel.

When my sis was pregnant with her first (and again now with her second) there is no way my Mum or I would touch her belly... you wouldn't do it to a woman who wasn't pregnant would you?

Anyway, I witnessed sis slap at least three people very hard on the hand for being rude enough to make the attempt. Anyone who asked was told "no" quite politely.

Yeah I think that touching pregnant bellies is rather improper and people who do so without invitation are a bit creepy. If I was pregnant and someone wanted to touch my belly I'd ask them "why????" quite politely. Seriously, why?

Yeah I think that touching pregnant bellies is rather improper and people who do so without invitation are a bit creepy. If I was pregnant and someone wanted to touch my belly I'd ask them "why????" quite politely. Seriously, why?

I just don't get it. Unless there is something exciting happening like the baby moving or kicking... and even then, what's that to a stranger.

I just don't get it. Unless there is something exciting happening like the baby moving or kicking... and even then, what's that to a stranger.
Nobody's a stranger when it comes to babies. When egg_ jr. was really little, people would come up and goo and gaa over her, and stick their faces in hers, and not even say hello to me. Was kinda weird, but I never objected unless she did

from talking to several women i know who have had kids, it's quite common for other people to reckon that their belly is public property.

*rushes in, breathless*

Shouldn't be a surprise, since that's how women's bodies are treated under the law, too.

*runs out, clutching womb*

ETA: I was responding to the comment about pregnant bellies as public property.

ETA2: Panty, what are you sorry for? Sorry that no one wants to cup your sprouts?

on another note, when my sister in law was pregnant, she was offered a seat on the train a total of five times - this despite getting either two or three trains a day, five days a week, and the stop she'd get on in the mornings would always be standing room only.
in the evening, she found herself taking a train in the opposite direction to the one home, to get to a station where she'd have a better chance of getting a free seat.

If any of you young wans are ever pregnant, and need a seat on a train - for jayker's sake ASK! Most often people are in their own little bubbles and just don't notice

no one wants to be the fella who offers his chair to the lady who's not preggers, but simply... um... Beth-Ditto-esque in stature... if you get me...

no one wants to be the fella who offers his chair to the lady who's not preggers, but simply... um... Beth-Ditto-esque in stature... if you get me...

This is true. A woman I worked with who was slightly heavyset used to come in ranting and complaining about people thinking she was pregnant.

NO PREGNANT CHICKS

Sexist...

hey mums, you know the way some women when they are pregnant get a line going down their tummy?

what is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back